Finance and Operations Director
- Post Date:January 13, 2021
- Views 477
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organisation that is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions. (ZHI) is seeking applications for a Finance and Operations Director for an anticipated PEPFAR/USAID supported five-year DREAMS project in Zimbabwe. The focus of the project will be to Prevent new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) using the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) approach. Recruitment is contingent upon the successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval. This position is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
The position will report to the Chief of Party and Head of Finance & Operations. Finance and Operations Director (FOD) will provide financial leadership and operational oversight for all aspects of the project in accordance with United States Government (USG) and USAID regulations and policies, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). The FOD will work with the project’s technical team, Chief of Party, and Head of Finance to develop a budget to implement program activities. The FOD will use existing ZHI financial systems and procedures to manage and administer the budget and will create program-specific strategies to contain and track costs as needed. S/he will manage other finance and administrative personnel to ensure efficient and effective financial and administrative management of the project.
- Meets regularly with technical teams to develop budgets that fit the scope of project activities;
- Provides recommendations and consults with management on financial issues and compliance;
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports regarding budgets vs actual and forecasts;
- Provides monthly pipeline reports;
- Provide leadership in financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessments, and will ensure compliance of project financial systems with ZHI policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulations, award requirements, and any other applicable laws and regulations;
- Keep abreast with the latest trends in financial accounting and provide mentorship to the project team and partners on financial compliance and reporting;
- Manage the operational and strategic functions for the finance and operations unit to ensure compliance and efficiency;
- Develop project budgets, , and ensure training of staff to achieve results;
- Ensure compliances with the policies and procedures of the ZHI and USAID regulations;
- Oversee/review procurement requests and payment vouchers for purchasing of goods and services and for program activities and ensure that all disbursements or reimbursements are made in compliance with ZHI policies and applicable to donor rules and regulations;
- Reviews implementing partner budgets for correctness and verify that budgets conform to ZHI and donor regulations;
- Co-ordinate project internal and external audits;
- Oversee administrative, financial, accounting, and other technical assistance as required to ZHI staff and/or implementing partner staff.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or any related field is required;
- Holder of B. Acc/B. Com/B. Tech degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or its recognized equivalent, coupled with 8 years’ post-qualification relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects in the NGO sector;
- Graduate of ACCA, CIMA, CA or any other relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage;
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grant rules and regulations, procurement, and auditing standards will be an added advantage;
- Experience and working knowledge of accounting, finance, procurement, and administration of USAID funded awards;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets;
- Experience building capacity of other organizations and implementing partners in financial management;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth, and breadth of financial management expertise required;
- Experience of working for DREAMS/HIV programs is an added advantage.
- Step 1: Complete the job application form here.
- Step 2: For a detailed job description visit www.zhi.co.zw and submit your CV and application letter via email [email protected] to clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap, or financial ability.
Deadline: 22 January 2021