Finance and Grants Administration Manager
- Post Date:April 25, 2021
- Views 684
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Duration: 5 Years
A consortium of organizations working on various specialized aspects of the media sector in Zimbabwe, including investigative journalism, research based advocacy, policy think tanking, internet governance, online literacy, media regulatory frameworks, community broadcasting and publishing among other components is seeking the services of three senior project staff to manage a five (5) year project, Strengthening Media for Accountability in Zimbabwe (SMAZ) scheduled to start on the 1st of August 2021.
The aforementioned project has two pronged objective of inculcating a culture of accountability by enhancing the capacity of the media to hold powerful state and non-state actors accountable for their acts and omissions and to strengthen citizens in public life by improving citizens’ access to timely and reliable information.
Being a project that a consortium is seeking to implement, the successful candidates will report to a project steering committee, notwithstanding the overall project management as key staff of the project as outlined in the below terms of reference (TORs). The full management and implementation structure of the project will be discussed with successful candidates.
- The Finance and Grants Administration Manager’s main responsibilities are to ensure efficient utilization of the project finances.
- He/she will be responsible for the administration of funds and management of sub-grantees.
- The Finance and Grants Manager is responsible for the consolidation of financial reports and ensures the implementation of strong financial systems within implementing partners.
- S/he will be responsible for the coordination of audits, systems verifications, spot checks and other interventions that ensures high levels of accounting standards are maintained.
- The Finance and Grants Administration Manager will also be responsible for reviewing budgets and managing the overall budgeting processes.
- The Finance and Grants Manager should have an advanced qualification in Accounting, Financial Management or Auditing.
- S/he should have at least ten years’ experience in financial management and audit experience, particularly in managing donor funding.
- Knowledge of US Aid financial systems and operations is an added advantage.
- The Finance and Grants Manager should have experience in developing budgets and demonstrate experience of working for a consortium arrangement a key requirement for this post.
Applications should be addressed to the Steering Committee of the Consortium and can be submitted at [email protected]
The aforementioned positions are dependent on submission and awarding of the SMAZ project that will be funded by the US Aid.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 April 2021
Related Jobs (25)
Associate Director, Finance and Operations (Mutare) on September 23, 2021
Multi-Country Director of Finance and Administration on September 21, 2021 Contract
Ultra-Med Health Medical Aid Society has various vacancies available on September 20, 2021 Contract Full Time