Finance and Administrator Director
- Post Date:April 25, 2021
- Views 569
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry ICT
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed individual to join our team of dynamic Executives for the position of Finance and Administrator Director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will include planning, organising and directing of all financial and administration activities of the organisation. The incumbent will serve as a thought leader, advisor to the Managing Director and the Board on key financial strategic issues, answering discrete business problems with a focus on high value issues.
- Contributes to overall company strategy and policy making by advising management and the board on the financial implications of their decisions.
- Provides guidance to the Board of Directors on strategic business directions by conducting financial planning, analysis, forecasting, developing scenarios to inform decision making, and advising on key financial directions.
- Provides oversight with strategic direction, process improvement plans, financial reporting, budgetary planning and procedures and financial controls.
- Formulates financial management policies and strategies in line with TelOne business plans annually i.e budgeting, asset management and investment.
- Reviews the financial policies and strategies in line with TelOne mission as required based on the economic environment.
- Advises Executive Management Committee and the board of directors on the development of short, medium and long-term financial plans and projections for the company.
Finance Control & Budgeting
- Ensures financial integrity, accountability and maintenance of internal controls, financial systems and financial procedures.
- Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team.
- Develops and utilises forward- looking, predictive models and activity based financial analysis to provide insight into the organisation’s operations and business plans.
- Provides advice to the Managing Director and the Board on financial issues as and when required.
- Understands and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
Procurement and Asset Management
- Administers Procurement and Asset Management that includes company owned buildings and a fleet of vehicles.
- Formulates policy on provision of transport services to TelOne i.e procurement and disposal of vehicles and continuously review.
- Formulates policy on upkeep occupancy, utilisation, acquisition or disposal of Buildings and Estates as and when required.
- Monitor performances relating to financial regulations that includes contract management and standing orders.
- Formulates measures to mitigate financial risk to TelOne as and when required.
- Produces statutory reports for the Government on the financial performance of TelOne as and when required.
- Analyses and recommend tariff reviews for TelOne quarterly for approval by POTRAZ.
- Develops performance management framework for the Directorate to ensure that the Division is delivering against its performance indicators.
- Ensure systems of management control are operating in order that work is performed efficiently and effectively.
- Undertakes all aspects of staff management and development including monitoring and addressing quality standards.
- Manages staffing issues that ensures members of staff are recruited, retained and developed to fulfil their potential.
- Takes responsibility for absence, disciplinary and grievance policies for the Division.
- Undertakes all people management related activities in accordance with the TelOne’s Standards.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent with a CA qualification.
- MBA / MBL is an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience at Senior Management Level.
- A proven evidence of continuous professional development.
- Telecommunication or ICT exposure is an added advantage.
- Strong business acumen, management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with employees and stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and translate insights into action.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong understanding of the emergent data-driven technology ecosystem.
- Be able to manage complex systems including systems integration across the enterprise.
Interested applicants are requested to send their CVs and applications to Corporate Services Director at [email protected], no later than 10 May 2021.
Related Jobs (30)
Associate Director, Finance and Operations (Mutare) on September 23, 2021
Multi-Country Director of Finance and Administration on September 21, 2021 Contract
Ultra-Med Health Medical Aid Society has various vacancies available on September 20, 2021 Contract Full Time