Finance and Administration Officer (INGO)
- Post Date:August 2, 2021
- Views 569
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Estimated Start Date: 1 September 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Country Representative and in liaison with the Regional Finance and Admin Manager, the successful candidate will support the country office work by developing and upholding quality standards for financial control and supervision, build capacity of staff and partners in the country on financial implementation, accounting and monitoring and evaluation and programs.
- Prepare monthly financial reports using the INGO’s accounting package in Zimbabwe;
- Monitor budget, account for expenditures for INGO’s programs in Zimbabwe and coordinate with regional office and other program offices in Africa;
- Support program staff in Zimbabwe to prepare yearly budget and regular financial reports and in reconciling accounts in coordination with regional office;
- In consultation with the Country Representative ensure timely financial reporting, fiscal management and liaise with all financial institutions to ensure that INGO is adhering to all requirements;
- Ensure proper document files are maintained for a complete audit trail including computerized records, journal documents, bank records and receipts and ensure appropriate filing, letter writing and coordination of meetings.
- Maintain and ensure the integrity and security of the INGO’s computerized accounting systems and manage and update the payroll.
- Make field visits to work on financial matters, as required.
- Routinely correspond with program staff on accounting, budget, and audit.
- Interpret the INGO’s fiscal policies to program/field team.
- Work with program/field staff to establish and maintain relevant local fiscal policies;
- Ensure the INGO adheres to all the taxation laws and requirements of the Zimbabwe authorities;
- Managing the fiscal aspects of the grants process from development of proposal budget, review of key grant terms, calculation and extrapolation of financial data, and reporting.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of non-profit accounting, including the ability to advise partners and stakeholders on the management of restricted grants from all sectors, including bequests and donations.
Knowledge skills and experience required
- A Bachelors’ degree in Finance or any other business-related field.
- Professional qualification of ACCA or CIMA.
- At least seven years of relevant experience.
- Good writing, reporting and communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to identify problems, determine and implement solutions.
- Strategic thinker with ability to interpret national financial and economic policies.
- Capacity to effectively solve problems, self-driven and proactive.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- High degree of Integrity;
- Must have understanding and respect for the principles, concern, and considerations of the organisation regarding issues of race, class, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and disability.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their letters of application and curriculum vitaes to the following email address [email protected] Email subject to read “Finance and Admin Officer Application”.
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 6 August 2021