Finance and Administration Officer
- Post Date:April 19, 2021
- Views 1032
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Crown Agents Zimbabwe is an international office of the Crown Agents Group set up to identify business opportunities, market and promote CA Group services in the Country and provide support services to businesses in Zimbabwe contracted by Crown Agents.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
To provide a complete financial and management accounting service to enable the Board and Management to meet statutory requirements. To assist with the human resources management. Duties cover both the Zimbabwe and Zambia offices.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
Tax and other statutory returns
- Prepare and submit Crown Agents Zimbabwe corporation tax computations as per ZIMRA guidelines
- Prepare and submit monthly VAT returns
- Prepare and submit monthly PAYE returns
- Prepare and submit all other statutory returns, e.g. NSSA, ZIMDEF, SDL
- Reconciling the tax accounts with ZIMRA monthly
Management Accounting and payments
- Prepare financial reports and supporting schedules according to underlying transactions.
- Analyse income and expenses to ensure that they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis and reporting on variances from the budget
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Prepare client invoices in the system
- Prepare payment in the system and maintaining adequate filing
Statutory / Financial Accounting
- Prepare Crown Agents Zimbabwe statutory accounts, liaising with Finance Manager
- Assist with financial and project audits
- Active participation and contribution in the budget process and financial projections
- Assist in the preparation of costing templates for various projects
- Management of projects as assigned by the Office
Human resources and office administration
- Ensure that the firm adopts and maintains adequate human resource procedures sufficient to ensure staff are fully aware of their employment status in terms of both rights and duties
- Assist with the preparation of contracts, termination letters and maintaining adequate filing
- Coordinating the Due Diligence process and ensuring that employee files have correct documentation
- Prepare the monthly headcount report for UK
- Manage day-to-day office administration in such areas as stationery, filing, personnel records, insurance vehicle allocation and maintenance.
Where applicable, the Job Holder shall
Undertake all procurement in compliance with Good Distribution Practice (GDP) in accordance with the provisions of our Wholesale Distribution Authorisation (Human) (WDA (H)) issued by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and our United Kingdom Controlled Drug Licence issued by the Home Office
- Minimum of a degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from a recognised institution or working towards a Finance degree.
- Proven track record in financial accounts and management reporting
- International exposure preferable
- Knowledge of Zimbabwe tax preferred but not essential
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.