Finance and Administration Officer
- Post Date:February 9, 2021
- Views 409
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A local civil society organization is looking for a Finance and Administration Officer based in Harare. The role reports to the Projects Manager and is set in the context of a small but growing organization. The scope of duties covers the preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly budgets and expenditure reports, keeping the organization’s asset register, overseeing the procurement processes as well as providing Human Resources and Administration support. The organization works with partners in the development sector amongst them international NGOs, government and local authority stakeholders and private entities largely supporting communities in selected agriculture value chains. We offer a competitive salary details of which will be shared with shortlisted candidates.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Finance, HR, and office administration;
- International NGO experience is preferred though other relevant experience will be considered;
- Experience in setting up new accounting systems;
- Experience in book-keeping and computerized accounting systems;
- Experience in reporting to donors in an NGO environment is an added advantage;
- Good understanding of the laws of Zimbabwe related to tax, insurance, labour;
- Experience in HR policies and procedures and administration systems;
- Experience of setting-up and managing office systems;
- Exceptional IT skills in the use of MS Office;
- Good planning and organizational skills and efficient work methods;
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently.
- A first degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred;
- Candidates with lower qualifications to the above but with matching qualifications and or acceptable experience will also be considered;
- A standalone qualification in HR and Administration in addition to the first degree in Finance and Accounting;
- Proven experience of at least three (3) years in HR and Administration can also be considered.
If you meet the above requirements send your application ensuring that you follow exactly the steps presented below. Failure to do so will automatically disqualify you:
- A maximum of one (1) page motivation letter signed by yourself;
- A supporting cv of maximum two (2) pages focusing only on what this job call entails;
- Your submission of the above two (2) items must be a single PDF document.
- Your certificates are not required at this stage.
- We will only contact shortlisted candidates and thus are not able to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us by email or call within three (3) days from the date of closing this call for applications it automatically means that we have not considered you.
- Send our email application (only) to: [email protected] Your subject line must read, ‘Finance and Admin Officer 2021’
Deadline: 11 February 2021 (3pm)
Related Jobs (25)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021