Finance and Administration Officer
- Post Date:January 27, 2021
- Views 341
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Our parent organisation – Sustainable Agriculture Technology (SAT) – is a medium-sized local NGO registered and operating as a Private Voluntary Organisation (PVO) in Zimbabwe. The organisation adopts a very practical, hands-on, climate-smart and cost-effective approach to training and supporting communal farmers to improve crop and livestock productivity and to develop and manage commercial value chains for their produce.
In 2013, the organisation added a wildlife & natural resource management component (the Wildlife in Livelihood Development Program, or SAT-WILD) focussed on supporting improved Community-Based-Natural Resource Management (CBNRM) – piloting novel community wildlife conservancies and ecotourism partnerships established as Public-Private-Community Partnerships (PPCPs) – between Local Authorities, Communities, technical partners, and the Private Sector – around Gonarezhou National Park in the SE Lowveld of Zimbabwe.
With a growing portfolio of donor grants dealing with CBNRM, developing community-based ecotourism enterprise and partnerships, and promoting diversified resilient livelihoods, SAT-WILD is in the process of restructuring to increase our capacity to operate more independently and to better integrate with and support the needs of our local authorities, conservation, and community partners in the SE Lowveld.
General responsibilities: Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, Accountant/Finance & Grants Manager and Financial Controller, the Finance & Admin Officer is responsible for the setup and maintenance of the entire accounting system for EU projects, including reconciliations, payroll, supporting documentation, monthly financial reporting and annual financial reporting to audit level and adherence to and in accordance with donor regulations.
The FAO will be based at SAT Head Office in Harare and must certify that all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are submitted in a timely manner, and ensure that all contractual obligations are met related to objectives and outputs of the project. The FAO will be responsible for monitoring project expenditure to ensure project deliverables are achieved within agreed budgets and according to SAT’s internal controls, policies, standards, and donor regulations.
Sector: NGO – supporting wildlife conservation, community-based-natural resource management, community conservation partnerships & development, renewables, sustainable landscape management.
Duration: 4-year, fixed term with view to extend to a permanent position with the right candidate.
Location: Based in Harare, Zimbabwe with a focus on developing community-led conservation & livelihood development around Gonarezhou National Park.
- Provide information necessary for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual, and other financial statements, as necessary;
- Maintain proper control of the project accounts. This includes but is not limited to the preparation of payments, adequate bank statements, reconciliations, documentary proof for all disbursements, and relevant documents to account for all disbursements and make application for project account replenishment;
- In consultation with the CEO, COO, Finance and Grants Manager and Financial Controller, prepare the draft annual budget and cash-flow projections for the Project;
- Prepare request for withdrawal and disbursement of funds and all necessary documentation;
- Prepare on the basis of information transmitted by the different partners, all contracts between the projects and contractors;
- Verify the accuracy of all financial data with the standard norms and record all transactions in the appropriate file and format;
- Review and verify all requests for payments from partners and prepare necessary payments;
- Provide backstopping and training to partners on financial issues;
- Prepare and maintain all staff contracts and ensure adherence to labour regulations;
- Prepare monthly payroll and disperse payments for all staff as well as all taxes and levies. Ensure receipts and payslips are up-to-date and copies are kept in the appropriate files;
- Handle all labour disputes and HR issues;
- Review and make recommendations for upgrading of SAT WILD’s internal controls and policies in line with donor requirements and international accounting standards.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the Operational Manual;
- Perform regular internal audits and compliance checks.
- Verify the accuracy of all financial data with the standard norms and ensure all transactions are recorded in the appropriate files;
- Assist with logistics, procurement, and general administration.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant degree or diploma in Finance or Accounting;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in financial management or account administration.
- Knowledge of USAID and / or EU financial procedures on procurement, accounting and contracting is preferable, but not essential;
- Proficiency in the use of MS-Office, Pastel and Bellina Payroll software packages is essential;
- Strong strategic planning, analytical, problem-solving, coordination & communication skills;
- Exceptional numerical proficiency, strong work ethic, inscrutable integrity, and attention to detail;
- Outstanding organizational, record-keeping and coordination abilities;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines, with minimum supervision is critical;
- Good oral and written communication skills with confident presentation and facilitation skills and proven record in provision of trainings;
- Good health status; Strong, traceable references are essential.
Applicants are to submit their CV and a short cover letter (max 2 pages) including a short motivation and a rough indication of their expectations in terms of remuneration, benefits, and other terms of service to [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by COB Friday 5th Feb 2021 and arrangements made for an interview.
Deadline: 1 February 2021 (5pm)
Related Jobs (23)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021