Finance and Administration Officer
- Post Date:May 4, 2022
- Views 802
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Finance and Administration Officer will have primary responsibility for financial and administrative management for the project; supervision and oversight of all financial and administrative support staff; and establishment of the systems, procedures, and training of staff required to ensure compliance with grant and donor requirements and organization’s policies and systems.
Finance and administration
- Ensure day-to-day running of the financial, administrative and operations activities;
- Oversee systems for providing financial, administrative, and operational support to staff at all levels;
- Design, implement and maintain effective internal controls;
- Oversee the recording, documenting, and reporting of all financial transactions, including the preparation of monthly financial expense reports, cash, and bank reconciliation statements, tracking of advances and liquidations, and review of monthly payroll;
- Prepare financial reports.
- Provide training to field staff in both offices on project procedures, including building the capacity of project staff in the area of finance, administration, and project management;
- Support the Director to recruit project staff as needed, participating in interviews and candidate selection;
- Oversee preparation of monthly paysheets, payroll, including computation of income tax and pension contributions & other fringe benefits;
- Monitor effective maintenance of up-to-date personnel records.
Operations and management
- Lead procurement efforts of the project, including selection and negotiation with vendors, and the management of subcontractors on the project;
- Review purchase requisitions and purchase orders, ensuring adequate funds, expense authorization, supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts, and control over payments;
- Ensure the organization registration is up to date with the relevant authorities;
- Ensure compliance of procurement and field accounting policies and procedures, including adherence to grant and donor rules and regulations;
- Manage procedures and staff developing project inventory and property lists, ensuring their accuracy and timely reviews and updates;
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience;
- Ability to work and travel to multi-cultural environments and build effective working
relationships with clients, subcontractors, partners, and colleagues;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible;
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills required;
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and team management skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and excellent budgeting skills required;
- Advanced language proficiency in English required.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honours the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae with three contactable referees no later than 6 May 2022 to [email protected] clearly indicating ‘Finance and Administration Officer’ on the subject of the email.
Only candidates who will be shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.