Finance and Administration Manager
- Post Date:February 23, 2021
- Views 409
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Reports to: Country Coordinator
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for establishing and managing efficient and effective finance and administrative systems for PELUM Zimbabwe. The Finance and Administration Manager will also be responsible for maintaining proper Financial Management and Controls in safeguarding Financial and Material Resources of PELUM Zimbabwe.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
Strategy and planning:
- Together with the Country Coordinator develop annual Finance and Administration plans which are consistent with the organisation’s vision, values and donor contracted deliverables;
- Together with the country coordinator develop, manage and control annual budgets in line with planned activities and the organisation’s strategy for approval by the board.
Book Keeping and Accounts:
- Provide financial technical support to ensure books of accounts and records are properly maintained;
- Maintain books of accounts using the recommended computerized accounting system and provide technical support services to other staff in its implementation;
- Regular review of the organisation’s fixed asset register.
Financial Reporting and Audit:
- Prepare financial statements in compliance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Coordinate annual external audit of the financial statements for specific funders and the organization;
- Ensure monthly finance reports are properly done and submitted to management and the board on a timely basis;
- Ensure all donor finance reports reviewed and submitted on time;
- Prepare board reports for treasurer;
- Review Trial Balance(s) and monthly bank reconciliation;
- Review general ledger accounts and balances before reviewing financial reports for funding partners;
- Regular review of the organisation’s asset register;
- Monthly review and approval of payroll reports and payments.
- Compile, update and/or review policies, procedures and manuals on Procurement, Accounting, Finance & Administration;
- Monitoring internal financial and administrative controls;
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are done on time;
- Ensure proper management of stocks;
- Perform internal audit whenever necessary and at least once a year;
- Coordinate all external auditing activities.
Budgeting and Budgetary Controls:
- Oversee preparation of organisation budgets;
- Prepare project budgets during the proposal development stage and ensure that all planned activities are budgeted for;
- Ensure that staff understand and comply with contractual project spending in line with donor(s) specifications;
- Monitor implementation of programme budgets;
- Prepare and manage cash flows and develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
Human Resource and Statutory Compliance:
- Establish and implement Human Resource Policy;
- Ensure the organisation is fully compliant with all statutory requirements;
- Ensure payrolls records are done within the statutory requirements and necessary deductions effected and remitted to statutory bodies on time;
- Ensure that human resource practices are compliant with labour laws.
Administration and Investments:
- Coordinate administrative operations of the organization under the direction of the Country Coordinator;
- Mentor the financial and administrative team;
- Monitoring of bank accounts to ensure safety of organizational funds.
- Gather information on donor policies and priorities in line with the mission of the organization;
- Facilitate co-financing opportunities for partner organizations;
- Develop annual work plans based on the approved organisational strategies;
- Actively participate in the preparation of concept papers and project proposals to funding partners / agencies;
- Facilitate effective communication with all donors including reporting and updates.
- Participate in team and other organisational meetings or working groups as required;
- Participate in monthly meetings and annual performance appraisals;
- Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise of the Finance and Administration Manager as required in non-routine circumstances.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Commercial and business awareness;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- An analytical approach to work;
- High numeracy and sound technical skills;
- Problem-solving skills and initiative;
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others;
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature;
- The ability to balance the demands of work with study commitments;
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise;
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships;
- The capacity to make quick but rational decisions;
- The potential to lead and motivate others;
- Good IT skills;
- Able to use Accounting Packages and experience in the use of Pastel Accounting Software;
- At least 5 years of experience in a busy Finance and Accounting office;
- Good exposure in labour laws and Statutory Instruments related to accounting;
- Demonstrated competence in public relations, fundraising and donor relations;
- Experience in working with people from diverse social backgrounds;
- A mature person with diplomacy who pays attention to details and has strong analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields;
- MBA is an added advantage.
- CV less than 3 pages;
- 1 page cover letter
Application due date
All applications should be sent to [email protected]
Deadline: 9 March 2021 (12 pm)