Finance and Administration Manager
- Post Date:January 12, 2021
- Views 387
- Career Level ManagerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Reports to: The Managing Director
Supervises: The Finance Officers, The HR and Admin Officer, The Portfolio Administration Officer, and the IT Officer
Purpose of the Job
The Finance and Administration Manager is required to manage and oversee the finance, accounting, human resource, IT, and administrative functions in ZMF. These include budgeting, personnel policies, and procedures and will entail developing, implementing, and modifying financial systems and internal controls, coordinating assets and liabilities management, general accounting, financial and MIS reporting, reviewing contracts, procurement, and contributing advice in financial, and administration matters to the Management, the Managing Director and Board of Directors. In addition, the holder of the position will be responsible for facilitating the work of the Internal Auditor and implementing the internal controls and procedures.
Key responsibilities on financial management:
- Produce financial statements of the organization in accordance with IFRS and statutory reporting requirements;
- Coordinate the development of annual budgets, their presentation to the Finance and Human Resource Committee;
- Develop and ensure compliance with the approved policies and procedures;
- Develop policies and procedures as maybe necessary;
- Perform quality and timely financial, MIS, and other analytical reporting for the Management, Board of Directors, funders and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate with the external auditors in regard to audit of annual financial statements and other specific audits commissioned by project donors;
- Oversee all the payments made by the organisation and ensure that they are allowable, adequately supported and in line with the approved budgets;
- Verify vouchers, contracts, invoices and other documents and certify their correctness before authorising their settlement;
- Ensure the compliance to prevailing taxation laws and regulations;
- Present monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports for discussion by Management and the Board;
- Ensure proper indexing, electronic and physical storage of original company documents including maintaining an inventory of fixed assets;
- Treasury Management and prudent investment of funds;
- Prepare the documentation for discussion and be Secretary to the Finance and Human Resource Committee of the Board;
- Suggest amendments and improvements (to the Management and Board Committees), of the ZMF procurement and financial procedures;
- Take minutes as necessary including but not limited to the Capital raise Committee and Finance Audit, Human Resources and the Loans Review Committee;
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the Managing Director.
Key responsibilities in internal and external audit matters:
- Facilitate the work of the Internal Auditor by being the main link for his work in the organisation;
- Set up internal controls and procedures for all the operations and payments made by the organisation;
- Ensure the implementation of policies and procedures on procurement, financial and administration matters;
- Coordinate and organize visits of external auditors to projects and follow up on concerns and deficiencies expressed in the reports to ensure adequacy and timeliness of correction;
- Ensure completion of external audits and submission of the audit reports to the relevant stakeholders within 4 months after the end of the financial year;
- Ensure that the staff of the organisation is trained in aspects relating to role separation and internal controls and procedures;
- Conduct special investigations as required by the Managing Director and the Board Committees.
Key Responsibilities in MIS Function:
- Develops and champions the implementation of an IT strategy;
- Protect critical information, systems, and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, and assist in the development of an overall IT strategy;
- Oversee the IT Officer and ensure that the tasks specified in his or her job description are carried out.
Key Responsibilities in Risk Management Function:
- Assists management to integrate risk management with the strategic planning and development process;
- Participates in the development of ZMF’s risk management policies, risk appetite, and tolerance levels;
- Champions the implementation of the risk assessment process and set up of risk registers;
- Helps developing risk mitigation measures to address the ZMF’s key risks and to monitor their effectiveness;
- Works with business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities at all levels, including training and education.
Key responsibilities in administration matters:
- Maintain and update staff information and data;
- Prepare staff payroll and benefits and ensure that these are paid by the agreed date each month;
- Manage the staff medical, insurance, pension, and gratuity schemes;
- Ensure compliance with Zimbabwe labour laws;
- Manage (oversee and supervise), evaluate, motivate and train staff in the Finance and Administration departments;
- Recommend amendments to improve the Human Resources procedures manual;
- Oversee the Human Resource and Administration Officer and ensure that the tasks specified in his or her job description are carried out;
- Take minutes in Board and Management Meetings;
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the Managing Director.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Professional Qualifications such as (CA, CIMA, CIS).
- 8 years of professional experience in administration, accounting, and human resources in a financial institution, a large NGO, or private sector institution
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Standards;
- Experience with grant administration and project management procedures;
- Knowledge of Pastel accounting software and Belina payroll software;
- Experience with fund reporting;
- Knowledge of human resources & administration procedures.
- Well-groomed, good communication and negotiation skills;
- Can work autonomously, effectively managing workload without continual guidance;
- Ability to analyze situations and take corrective actions;
- Attention to detail, & organizational skills;
- Excellent numerical skills;
- Ability to mentor, guide and motivate staff.
Interested candidates should apply to [email protected]
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
The Zimbabwe Microfinance Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 14 January 2021
Related Jobs (32)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021