Finance and Administration Assistant (Harare)
- Post Date:March 9, 2021
- Views 534
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
ZNNP+ is an umbrella body that represents the interests of people living with HIV in Zimbabwe in their diversity. The organization is represented in support groups and community-based organizations at all provincial, district and ward levels of Zimbabwe. ZNNP+’s mission is “An environment where people live positively.”
The successful candidate will be assisting in finance and operations functions at the national office ensuring that these functions are conducted in compliance with ZNNP+ and donor related policies and procedures. Finance and Administration Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of the Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Logistics and Administration functions of the TASQC programme.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Officer, The Finance and Administration Assistant shall be responsible for:
- Assisting in implementation of financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency in accordance with IFRS and donor requirements particularly USAID;
- Assist in maintenance of records and receipts for all daily transactions and posting them to appropriate ledger;
- Maintain efficient, proper, and transparent filing of all financial documents;
- Process payments as provided in the approved budget;
- Ensure that proper authorisation is obtained before making any payment;
- Verification and reconciliation of all accounting documents;
- Ensure compliance and enforcement of internal policies, donor regulations and budget restrictions;
- Assess accuracy and completeness of documentation and conformity with reporting and procedural standards;
- Ensure that all financial records pertaining to the project are properly completed and stored in a secure place;
- Undertake monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for submission in accordance with IFRS and donor requirements;
- Contribute to financial audits;
- Assist in procurement processes, for the organisation;
- Assisting in periodic physical inventory and assets count and verification.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management
Qualifications and experience.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of donor financial regulations and accounting processes especially PEPFAR/ USAID;
- Proficiency in Accounting software packages such as PASTEL and SAGE;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages especially Excel, Willing to learn;
- Strong communication skills.
If you meet the above criteria and you have the drive, send your application and CV to:
The Executive Director,
No 28 Divine Road,
Or via email [email protected] indicating position applied for.
PLHIV and women who meet the set criteria are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 16 March 2021
Related Jobs (23)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021