Finance and Admin Intern
- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 344
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Trócaire works in partnership with local and church organisations, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change. Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where; people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected; basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably; people have control over their own lives; those in power act for the common good. Zimbabwe is one of 17 countries globally where Trócaire has a country presence. The Finance and Administration Department is headed by the Finance and Administration Manager and the department has 8 staff.
The Finance and Admin Intern (FA), with reporting to the Finance Officer (FO) will assist in the delivering of finance and administration functions for the Zimbabwe office. Specifically, the role covers the following broad responsibilities either as accountable, consulted, informed or responsible: Financial control and reporting; Internal systems and processes; Procurement; Operations and logistics support; Reception management.
Main tasks and responsibility
Financial Control and Reporting:
- Posting field office finance transactions in Agresso Business World ensuring accurate and timely posting of transactions with particular attention to the funding source;
- Also perform monthly donor compliance check on all documents and ensure filing in maintained up to date in an orderly and easy to retrieve manner;
- Work with Program Accountants on the closure of donor grants including review and submission of supporting documentation;
- Assist in retrieving documents for internal and external audits;
Internal Systems and Processes:
- Assist in improvement of work processes and increase efficiency within the scope of responsibility;
- Handle and disburse cash funds at workshops, and ensure secure custody of cash and timely banking, daily petty cash disbursements and preparation of monthly petty cash reconciliations as assigned;
- Ensuring that all payments have adequate supporting documents;
- Follow up and assess acquittals from staff on outstanding supporting documentation submitted and any issues arising from submission of acquittal report;
- Communicate and follow up with staff and partners on outstanding supporting documentation and acquittals.
- Participate in procurement processes of obtaining quotations and bid analysis whenever necessary;
- Following up on receipts and invoices;
- Ensuring WHT is deducted from non compliant suppliers, prepare certificates and maintaining the Withholding tax tracker up to date.
- Enforcement of finance policy and procedures.
Operations and logistics support
- Ensuring timely preparation of meeting rooms and refreshments ahead of meetings with staff, partners or external stakeholders as agreed with the chair of such meetings;
- Managing all office stationery and promotional materials including issuing out of such materials and maintain up to date inventory list;
- Typing correspondence and reports and taking minutes as relevant and / or requested.
All reception duties to include:
- Management of the reception area of the office;
- Managing the intercom facility of the office;
- Greeting and dealing with all visitors;
- Operating the switchboard and maintaining the incoming and outgoing mail register;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Officer.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics from any recognised institution or any relevant professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy;
- Key demonstrated interest and track record in finance and grant management;
- A good understanding of project cycle management skills;
- General company administration;
- Excellent communications skills (oral, presentation and written);
- Fluent in English;
- A good command of any local language is an added advantage;
- Ability to network, form and maintain relationships, and build partnerships;
- Ability to use own initiative and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- IT Literacy (MS-office applications i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint; E-mail, Internet, Video Conferencing).
Interested candidates must send a detailed CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10 February 2022