Finance and Admin Assistant
- Post Date:January 23, 2021
- Views 414
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
Reporting Unit/Supervisor: Finance Manager
Grade: Level 6
Travel: International up to 0 %, Domestic up to 10%
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
- Execute the procurement function in accordance with TNS procurement policy and donor requirements;
- Ensure total adherence to procurement policies and provided the necessary guidance and training in liaison with Program Managers and teams;
- Coordinate tendering processes for large procurement in liaison with Program Managers, Regional Compliance contact and Country Manager;
- Maintain a database of approved suppliers;
- Office supplies monitoring and procurement;
- Program procurement;
- Prepare and maintain an up to date tracker of pending, requested and ongoing procurement processes to be reviewed against agreed targets on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all employees with authority to drive are tested by the Driver;
- Ensure monthly logs are filled and signed;
- Ensure vehicles are serviced timeously, vehicle insurance and licensing processed.
- Ensure all assets are labelled;
- Allocate assets to staff;
- Continuously update the asset register;
- Conduct quarterly asset verification.
- Ensure payments are processed in due time and based on appropriate documentation and approval;
- Ensure accurate recording of expenses in NAV for Finance Manager approval before posting;
- Maintain a register of staff advances and follow up on all outstanding advances;
- Petty cash management, Disburse petty cash, Cash reconciliations;
- Assist in the monthly financial close processes, Reconcile Balance sheet accounts, Bank account reconciliation;
- Review travel expense reports and ensure that general office and travel expenses are in line with TechnoServe Policies;
- Maintain finance archives as per TechnoServe policy and Donor Policy;
- Assist in preparing for audits, financial reports and budgeting process;
- Any other duties within the scope of work.
Required skills & experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or ACCA/CIS/CIMA;
- 2-4 Years financial accounting experience preferable in an NGO environment;
- Working knowledge of donor compliance rules & regulations for the major donors (particularly DFID, EU & USAID);
- Experience of working with and reporting to international donors, in particular, experience of managing multiple budgets at the same time;
- Procurement experience is an added advantage;
- Excellent IT skills with experience of operating computer-based financial management systems;
- Competent to advanced level in Microsoft Excel.
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications should submit a single word formatted document consisting of cover letter and CV applications (as one document) with the position “Finance and Admin Assistant” clearly marked in the subject section of the email to: [email protected]
Shortlisting will proceed as applications are received.
Deadline: 29 January 2021
Related Jobs (32)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021