Finance and Admin Assistant
- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 887
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE International in Zimbabwe is recruiting for livelihoods, food aid and resilience project targeting Buhera and Mutare Districts (Manicaland Province) and Chivi and Zaka Districts (Masvingo Province). Takunda, which means “we have overcome” in Shona, is a 5-year USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance program led by CARE in a consortium. Its aim is to increase on-farm and off-farm incomes, improve nutrition, and work with women, men, girls and boys to build resilience to shocks and stressors. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
The incumbent will be responsible for processing the country office financial transactions
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all district payment requests and prepares relevant accounting journals for the month end
- Reconciles and follows up on vendor and creditors advances timeously.
- Deposits and withdraws cash from the banks
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for local bank accounts.
- Carries out cash counts for petty cash.
- Puts together all cash-forecasts from district supervisor and provides input into Cash Call request through the Accounts Payable Officer
- Provides input into Takunda budget and revisions
- Prepares relevant reconciliation reports, district financial reports and sub-ledger reports
- Prepares Personal Activity Report (PAR) and submits to Accounts Payable Officer
- Induction of new district staff on finance issues
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent CIS,
- 3-4 years working experience in Finance/Accounting or related field
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem identification and resolution skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. CARE does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. We will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity
Deadline: 20 May 2021