Finance & Administration Officer
- Post Date:October 12, 2021
- Views 360
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Childline is a local Private Voluntary Organisation looking for a qualified professional to take up the position of Finance and Administration Officer based in Harare.
The Finance & Administration Officer shall be responsible for managing a USAID funded project, in line with the organisation’s financial policies and procedures, meeting donor requirements, and ensuring the organisations’ financial accountability and transparency.
- Verify internal & payment requisitions before processing;
- Post transactions into Pastel and maintaining up to date cash books;
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements;
- Physical verification of asset register;
- Maintaining up-to-date security items register & stocks e.g. coupons, purchase orders & receipts;
- Ensuring that licences, subscriptions, membership, bills, insurance etc are up-to date;
- Preparation of variance reports for allocated projects;
- Filing of vouchers and accounting records timely;
- Budget preparation for allocated projects in liaison with the Finance & Admin. Manager and other relevant departments;
- Respond to queries from funding partners on allocated projects on a timely manner;
- Disbursing funds to sub offices and handling liquidations;
- Reconcile cash advances and following up on acquittals (Including reconciling advances to ledger);
- Conduct support visits to drop in centres;
- Assist with audit preparations and during external audit;
- Support in risk identification, treatment and compilation of the risk register;
- Significantly contribute to Childline’s safeguarding efforts;
- Any other duties required to assist the organisation in achieving its vision.
- Knowledge of pastel, Excel Spreadsheets, and MS Office;
- Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Studying towards a professional accounting qualification eg. ACCA, CIS, CIMA is a distinct advantage;
- Ability to work under pressure and to work additional hours at crucial times;
- Good team working skills and should be able to interact at all levels;
- Experience in managing USAID grants is a must,
- Must be of integrity and have traceable references;
- Excellent verbal & written skills, proficiency in English;
- Clean class 4 Driver’s License.
The prospective candidate must be ready to immediately.
Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates & Childline Zimbabwe reserves the right not to fill the position.
Deadline: 14 October 2021
Related Jobs (27)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time
4 x Receptionists on October 21, 2021
Vehicle Licensing Controller – Southern (Bulawayo) on October 21, 2021 Full Time