Field Operations and Business Development Manager
- Post Date:August 2, 2021
- Views 371
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
A Career Opportunity in the Financial Services Sector
Reporting to the General Manager, AFC Leasing Company, the Field Operations and Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving results through translating over-arching business goals into actionable quantitative plans. This leadership role suits a talented team player as it centres around establishing and improving execution whilst conveying a sense of urgency to strategically accomplish objectives on enhanced mechanization nationally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements Mechanisation programs for current farmers and develops targeted mechanisation products which enhance and improve the Zimbabwe Agricultural value chain space.
- Ensures that Mechanisation operations are carried out to all categories of Farmers using appropriate mechanisation systems.
- Develops and implements Agricultural Equipment Leasing packages to all categories of farmers from small scale; medium and large scale farmers.
- With limited direct supervision, plans, manages and conducts both external research For product development or with existing products in current and new markets.
- Implements the Leasing Company’s business strategy development and supports the timeous execution of aligned and integrated strategic plans and initiatives.
- Responsible for coordinating all Field Operations and Business Development and also in collecting, summarizing, and presenting data which supports revenue impact.
- Supports and manages technical Service staff by providing training on products in the efficacy and benefit of the industry.
- Leads a cross Functional system in integration on an ongoing basis, split by market segment (small; medium and large-scale farmers).
- Sets positive, compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement in cropping programs, ensuring a measurable increase in market share.
- Maintains a well detailed database of all farmers showing their location, agricultural activities being undertaken, cropping programs; mechanization operations required.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with farmers, collaborators, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Creates a Pipeline of Mechanization operations/ projects to be undertaken ranking them according to their priority and probability.
- Designs and implement cross functional financial controls supported by a robust digitised tracking system For the stakeholder value chain.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Ability to motivate field teams to pursue common objectives that positively influence the advancement of Agriculture and mechanisation.
- Assists in the training, developing and launching new products and development initiatives.
- Ability to handles many simultaneous complex assignments/projects. Provides critical data resources information/estimates on the use of leased Equipment/Machinery
- Builds and sustains excellent relationships at all levels both small, medium and large-scale Farmers.
- Prepares reports and summaries for all Field research trials, based on input From field teams, extension officers, supporting Ministries and farmer needs.
- Oversees collect, summarize, and present data which supports revenues /sales impact exploring means to capitalise on other agriculture and mechanization opportunities.
- Acts as an Ambassador in improving and maintaining the leasing company public image and in keeping with ethical behaviors.
- Willingness and ability to provide superior customer service and must be a proven resource For innovation.
- Ability to manage timelines and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Good knowledge of Agriculture logistics including analysis on lease interpretation.
- Good analytical, report writing and communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Agriculture degree from recognized university
- Minimum 8 years professional experience in the evaluation of crop production technologies and previous industry experience in managing a Field territory.
- Working knowledge of statistics and data interpretation
- Project management experience a plus
- At least 10 years relevant post-graduate experience of which Five years should be at managerial level
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume by no later than 12 August 2021. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be responded to.