Field Officers - Chinhoyi, Kadoma
- Post Date:November 15, 2021
- Views 911
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Abdullah Dzinamarira Foundation, a non-profit charity organization headquartered in Harare, aims to share hope with underprivileged and vulnerable children by ensuring their access to education and basic social support services. The Foundation seeks a highly qualified candidates to serve as Field Officers in Chinhoyi and Kadoma. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the position in the province they currently reside in or have demonstrated prior work experience from. Applicants must clearly state their choice of work area in the application letter.
- Act as liaison between ADF head office staff and local authorities in their respective districts and province
- Provide logistical support for the planning and implementation of ADF activities in their respective districts and province
- Conduct training
- Stakeholder engagement for updates and approvals to carry out activities and any other needs as required.
- Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on activities carried out and ensure set targets are met.
- Advise ADF Head Office with the calendar of activities happening in the district e.g., training, celebrations that are in line with ADF scope and goals
- Supporting Head Office with the communication between ADF Head Office and schools participating in the educational sponsorship and scholarship programs
- Follow up on child beneficiaries (collecting fees invoices, reports, student requirements and feedback of students’ performance)
- Follow-up on trained beneficiaries and mapping stories of change working with the Community Liaison Officer, and M and E Officer
- Advise ADF Head Office on opportunities for the organisation in the district and province
- Recommend intervention opportunities to the ADF fundraising team through monthly reports and liaising with all partners in the field.
- Assist in budget formulation through constant communication with the Administrative Assistant at ADF Head Office
- Reporting on financial matters in the field
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education/Project Management/Social Work, or related disciplines, plus a minimum of 1-year work experience
- Experience in working with key government ministries in community development projects is required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including fluency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience working in a related position will be an added advantage (particularly in the areas of – sexual and reproductive health, gender, financial literacy, and life skills)
The position is (i) contingent upon the availability of donor funding (ii) an initial three-month short-term contract with a possibility of renewal depending on performance. ADF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, or ethnic origin. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Related Jobs (29)
2 x Projects Coordinator (Midlands Province & Matebeleland North) on December 5, 2021 Full Time
Human Resource and Administration Officer (Matebeleland South Province) on December 5, 2021 Full Time