Field Officer Mechanization
- Post Date:June 2, 2021
- Views 409
- Career Level OfficerQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Requisition ID: req16043
Job Title: Field Officer Mechanization
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nyanga, Zimbabwe
The International Rescue Committee is currently implementing a UNDP funded ZRBF under the PROGRESS Consortium in Beitbridge and Nyanga districts. The project focuses on a mix of irrigation; mechanization; climate smart agriculture; high value cash crops; fodder crops; livestock; and non-timber forest products, tailored to the individual climatic, geographic and market characteristics of the target wards. This includes elements of access to finance, technology and innovation, infrastructure and markets, gender equality and governance among major focus areas.
Coordination and monitoring for smooth implementation of various mechanization activities in Nyanga district targeting various productive infrastructure like gardens and irrigations and communal farmers in the utilization of various mechanization technologies. Resilience building activities of the project in close coordination with different partners as well as coordinating officers from consortium partners assigned in the district.
- Ensure effective process of the planned and approved activities and strategies in the target communities.
- Promote improved farming through use of various technologies.
- Facilitate balanced coordination with local leadership and taking part in key working groups and committees representing the organization.
- Ensure project activities are implemented in coordination with Government and other key partners.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly plans for effective execution of the project activities.
- Participate in periodic program level meetings and related activities.
Effective Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure program quality, strengthening and consolidation through continuous reviews of the program with partners facilitating information exchange.
- Capture monitoring data using standard tools and regularly review and document progress against indicators, lessons learned, and challenges encountered, in order to ensure the achievement of performance targets and adherence to technical standards, methodologies and donor guidelines.
- Prepare and submit timely quality internal project reports on activities, detailing the progress and achievement (indicators supervising), the challenges faced and how they were tackled and recommendations for subsequent months.
Networking and Coordination:
- Establish close coordination and cooperation with district line agencies and authorities, communities, project beneficiaries and other partners at project level for effective delivery of project activities.
- Work closely with the Program Lead providing periodic program reports as requested.
Effective Resource Management:
- Prepare monthly cash projections to facilitate field activities.
- Ensure value for money in regard to all transactions involving IRC resources.
- Certificate or Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- Professional work experience in agriculture and mechanical engineering
- Experience in NGOs environment with a bias towards agricultural engineering
- Sensitive and responsive to gender, ethnicity, disability and other social issues.
- Participatory and team approach to work and behavior.
- Proactive in liaising and problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent digital literacy including navigating email, internet and MS WORD and PowerPoint
About the IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, assisting people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving assistance to refugees required to flee from war or disaster. Today IRC works in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, restoring safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC began programming in Zimbabwe in 2008 to support the cholera emergency response and has since been a key player in health, governance, markets development, and disaster risk reduction.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 11 June 2021