Field Officer (Intern)
- Post Date:March 9, 2022
- Views 414
- Career Level StudentQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Shurugwi, Midlands Province
Reports to: Head of Programs and National Director
Contract length: 14 months
Apostolic Women Empowerment Trust (AWET) is a non-Governmental registered organization that empowers women and adolescents’ girls in the Apostolic churches to participate in social and economic development processes that affect them as well as advance their rights and those of others.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support WASH Programme Manager (WPM) in planning, designing, development and overall budgeting, and water and hygiene and sanitation related documents for implementation of programme activities;
- Ensure active participation and involvement of district water and health offices, local government and community structures and beneficiaries in planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of environmental health activities;
- In collaboration with local government and community leaders, identify local skilled and unskilled labour, follow AWET established procedures for their engagement, manage and supervise them, keep track of attendance and work log sheet, prepare and ensure timely payment for their labour;
- Ensure timely procurement of water roof installation materials, manage and be accountable for installation materials on sites in collaboration with community leaders and water management committees;
- Together with community mobilizer and Environmental Health Agents (EHAs), mobilize communities for active participation and involvement in planning and implementation for development, operation and maintenance of water facilities including contributing to capital investment and establishment of a cost recovery mechanism for operational costs;
- Lead the process of conducting detailed assessments for project sites, draft layouts, and designs of water supply systems, developed in a participatory process that incorporate the needs of the community, including those of women and vulnerable members of the community;
- Participate in bid evaluation and analysis for installation of water and sanitation systems.
- Conduct water quality surveillance and testing.
- Participate in development of new proposals and review of Wash sector strategy;
- Participate in recruitment and training of WASH Agents and water management committees.
- Perform other official duties assigned by WPM. Promote integration and coordination with the community leaders working in the water and sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector;
- When assigned by WPM, represent AWET at district, sector, cluster coordination meetings, and provide prompt feedback.
- To submit biweekly and monthly program activity plans to the WPM, and be responsible for the implementation, supervision, monitoring and reporting of all project activities;
- Submit biweekly and monthly activity reports to WPM.
- Participate in preparation of sector reports for submission to national office;
- Ensure regular monitoring of program activities to determine the success of interventions and recommend changes in program design to the WPM coordinator;
- Participating in baseline and evaluation of Knowledge, Practices and Coverage (KPC) surveys to determine how far sector indicators have been achieved.
- Implement and improve existing water and sanitation monitoring and evaluation tools to ensure their appropriateness and completeness;
- Mentoring and developing the capacity of the community mobilizers in carrying out assessments, water quality testing and promotion of participatory approaches and maintenance of water and sanitation facilities;
- Liaise with Community Development promoters, Sanitation, and Hygiene Promoters to provide regular feedback on the performance and areas for improvement for CDP and SHPs.
- B.Sc. Degree / Diploma in Civil Engineering, Water Supply and sanitation Hydrogeology / hydrology water management engineering, Environmental Engineering, and other related field;
- Two years of relevant experience for the degree holders and 4 years for the diploma holders in implementation of Construction, related Hygiene & sanitation preferably WASH projects in humanitarian, NGO Proven knowledge of hydrology and Construction management;
- Computer literacy in MS word, Excel and CAD is necessary;
- Fluency in English and local language both spoken and written.
Interested applicants send their CVs and motivational letters demonstrating why you are suitable for the position to AWET by the 11th of March 2022 at the following email address [email protected] indicating the position being applied for on the subject line.
Females are encouraged to apply.
Related Jobs (28)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract