Field Officer – Cash Transfer
- Post Date:June 10, 2022
- Views 618
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Welthungerhilfe: FbA Drought Intervention Project
Duty Station: Chimanimani
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental organisations in development co- operation and emergency relief. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support project in implementation of the FBA drought intervention program in Chimanimani, though community mobilization, organizing meetings and trainings, beneficiaries targeting and selection, baseline, PDM and end- time evaluation;
- Facilitate linkages between food suppliers and Cash Based Transfer project beneficiaries;
- Coordinate IGAs training and activities; Initiating implementation of complimentary livelihoods: WASH, Nutrition and protection related activities;
- Conduct awareness campaigns on COVID-19 safety guidelines and prevention of gender-based violence;
- Capture project progress and report any challenges using prescribed tools;
- Monitor implementation of project activities at beneficiary level ensuring alignment with project workplans and donor requirements;
- Assist in production of prescribed perioding reports;
- Take lead in disseminating project information to local leadership and beneficiaries in assigned area of operation;
- Assist in project monitoring and Evaluation processes;
- Facilitate effective participation and involvement of primary stakeholders in project activities;
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly activity report for the Head of Project in a timely manner;
- Ensure adherence to submitted workplans;
- Assist in conducting periodic project performance reviews;
- Implement the project complaints and feedback mechanisms as designed by WHH;
- Work in a client and team-oriented manner and adhere to standards as described in the Welthungerhilfe Code of Conduct.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Social Science / Agriculture, Development / Humanitarian Studies, Disaster Risk Reduction / International Relations / Environmental Studies;
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in a similar position within a national or international NGO;
- Knowledge and minimum of 3 years’ experience in food security programming, cash programming and one or more other relevant areas such as nutrition, community development, livelihoods;
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in food security programming / cash programming.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to: [email protected]
Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Please note that shortlisting will be conducted on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered.
WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 22 June 2022
Related Jobs (29)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract