Field Officer (Cash/Food for Assets)
- Post Date:September 2, 2021
- Views 413
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Environment Africa is a member of the consortium led by CARE International Zimbabwe, which is implementing the TAKUNDA project in Buhera, Chivi, Mutare and Zaka Districts of Zimbabwe and seeks to recruit one (1) Cash/Food for Assets Officer. The Takunda project seeks to empower women; create sustainable livelihoods; facilitate adoption of improved practices/technologies; improve governance and social accountability; and ultimately strengthen HH and community resilience. Environment Africa is an equal opportunities employer and encourages women to apply for these positions.
- Development of implementation guidelines in Cash/Food for Assets Programming and ensuring that there is advocacy in research works for relevant project designs from the communities, Local Authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Enhance sustainability of projects and activities through Cash/Food for Assets Programming and interventions by applying community-based approaches such as Community Visioning, Disaster Risk Management (DRM) in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Co-ordinate with other Relief and Development Agencies, Local Authorities and Government line- ministries in Program areas in ensuring that Cash/Food for Assets projects are in line with required standards and that there is fit with the government of Zimbabwe and communities’ strategic plans.
- Develop and design clearly defined exit strategies for interventions and asset handover in programming as an assurance of sustainability of the Program after the phase out.
- Facilitate the identification, design, and implementation of appropriate training needs for program staff and the entire communities.
- Ensure that there is proper co-ordination of C/FFA activities and a thorough paper trail is available to document all the key processes and other materials to C/Food for Assets projects.
- Provide technical and sound support in all Cash/Food for Assets Programming with regards to development of Work Norms and Bills of Quantities in the construction and rehabilitation of weirs, irrigation schemes, sanitation facilities environmental management works (micro/macro catchments) and other forms of related infrastructure.
- Collect, analyse, provide regular / timely data-base and progress reports to the superiors and relevant stakeholders.
- To ensure that target communities are visited, engaged, and consulted on a regular basis so as to learn from their experiences for sustainability and relevant programming.
Knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil /agriculture engineering/soil, Water, and environmental management/natural resources management.
- Minimum of three years community development and/or project management experience in a government office or NGO, on issues relevant to the technical area;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, with project stakeholders including local government officials, UN agency staff, other NGO peers, and community members;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to write good reports, clearly, and meet a deadline.
- Advanced computer literacy in the MS Office packages, Internet and email;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and the local language;
- Ability to travel most of times to field sites;
- A clean Class 3 drivers’ Licence;
- Experience in the construction and design of dams, and weirs will be an added advantage.
- More than three years practical experience;
- Proven experience of working with rural communities and participatory planning;
- Good understanding of community mobilization and participatory methods;
- Mature and confident to deal with district authorities at all district levels, communities, and community leaders;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity;
- Able to build strong relationships and partnerships with relevant agencies at district level;
- Good team player, self-starter,
- Has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships.
Please send a copy of your detailed CV indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been recent direct supervisors (include a statement that authorises Environment Africa to do background checks with these referees) and a motivation letter detailing why you are the right person for this position to [email protected] Please state your most preferred district of appointment.
Only electronically submitted applications will be accepted.
Deadline: 10 September 2021 (4pm)
Related Jobs (35)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time