- Post Date:September 13, 2021
- Views 367
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Pangaea Zimbabwe AIDS Trust (PZAT) is an independent Zimbabwean entity registered as a local Trust in August of 2012 (MA/909/2012). PZAT strives to transform the lives of people living with and affected by HIV by working to ensure their access to comprehensive HIV and sexual health services delivered in safe and supportive environments. PZAT as a partner in the ZimPAAC consortium has been working with the MOHCC to improve access to HIV prevention, care and treatment services for key and priority population groups in Zimbabwe.
The Field officer will be based in Mazowe and will report to the Project Coordinator. The incumbent will be responsible for working with Health service providers, community stakeholders and key partners involved in Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) programming; to improve access to HIV prevention, care and treatment services.
Duration: November 2021 to February 2022 (this is a maternity cover)
Key duties and responsibilities
- Build capacity of health workers to provide Youth friendly services through training;
- Conduct community dialogues and group discussions with Adolescent girls and Young Women (AGYW) to determine perceptions on services provided and how to improve service delivery models; Design service delivery models in consultation with relevant stakeholders;
- Work with Project Coordinator and project team in the development of IEC materials for interpersonal communication and PrEP literacy;
- Identify and train PrEP Champions on mobilization and PrEP demand creation in consultation with specified partner organizations;
- Facilitate establishment of support groups for AGYW social support;
- Document and report on activities conducted;
- Formulating budgets for AGYW interventions and participate in project related trainings;
- Compiling weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as well as monthly statistics for community programs;
- Participate in budget and work planning for activities funded within the funding cycle;
- Participate in stakeholder meetings occurring within and outside the district;
- Identify and train PrEP Champions in consultation with specified partner; train community cadres who will deliver treatment literacy sessions in their communities,
- Work closely with the SIO to ensure timely data collection;
- Any duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
Qualifications, experience, and key competencies required
- First degree in degree in social/behavioral sciences or related discipline;
- 1+ years relevant working experience working with communities and multiple stakeholders in HIV and health programming;
- Excellent Computer skills, excel and knowledge of HIV and AIDS indicators and good understanding of the M&E systems used by Ministry of Health and Child Care;
- Must be youth-friendly;
- Possess skills in training & results based reporting;
- Competent in stakeholder engagement, multi-level oral & written communication;
- Social media savvy- can use various platforms to mobilize, sensitize and build networks;
- Experience working with young people is an added advantage;
- Fluent in English, and Shona a must;
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and detailed CV, clearly stating the position being applied for in the subject section of the email to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 September 2021 (close of business)
Related Jobs (55)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (D,M&E) Coordinator -Education on October 25, 2021 Contract