Field Cash Transfer Assistant
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 528
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duty Station: Gweru
Welthungerhilfe is implementing a WFP funded Cash Based Transfer project in Chegutu and Gweru Urban centers/domains; The project known as the Urban Social Assistance Project (USAP) is supporting 18,000 beneficiaries in Gweru and 12,000 beneficiaries in Chegutu through monthly cash transfers, small livelihoods support and hygiene related information sharing sessions.
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage a Field Cash Transfer Assistant who will be responsible for implementing the Urban Social Assistance Project (USAP) in Gweru through the Cash Based Transfer (CBT) mechanism; He/She will take responsibility for supporting project implementation activities that include community mobilization, beneficiary registration, field monitoring and community trainings and advocacy activities.
- Support project in implementation though community mobilization, organizing meetings and trainings
- Facilitate linkages between food suppliers and Cash Based Transfer project beneficiaries;
- Initiating implementation of complimentary livelihoods: WASH, Nutrition and protection related activities;
- Conduct awareness campaigns on COVID-19 safety guidelines and prevention of gender-based violence;
- Capture project progress and report any challenges using prescribed tools;
- Monitor implementation of project activities at beneficiary level ensuring alignment with project work plans and donor requirements;
- Assist in production of prescribed perioding reports;
- Take lead in disseminating project information to local leadership and beneficiaries in assigned area of operation;
- Assist in project monitoring and Evaluation processes;
- Facilitate effective participation and involvement of primary stakeholders in project activities;
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly activity report for the District Coordinator in a timely manner;
- Ensure adherence to submitted work plans; Assist in conducting periodic project performance reviews;
- Implement the project complaints and feedback mechanisms as designed by WFP and WHH;
- Work in a client and team oriented manner and adhere to standards as described in the Welthungerhilfe Code of Conduct.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Social Science/Agriculture, Development/Humanitarian Studies, Disaster Risk Reduction/International Relations/Environmental Studies;
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in a similar position within a national or international NGO;
- Knowledge of food security programming and one or more other relevant areas such as nutrition, community development, education, community water supply systems, livelihoods, sanitation systems;
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in food security programming/cash programming or food and nutrition security, 3 of which should be in an International NGO;
- Familiarity with basic humanitarian architecture;
- Experience and understanding of community mobilization in relation to cash distribution and transfers, water and sanitation activities;
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations;
- Experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into food security programmes;
- Assessment, analytical and planning skills;
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills;
- Training/counterpart development skills;
- People management skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs;
- Experience in report writing;
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team;
- Must be able to ride a motorbike and be willing to travel at short notice and to work in difficult circumstances;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of local languages;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and modern telecommunication systems.
Please send the proposal and additional documents to: [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered; WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap.
Deadline: 4 April 2021
Related Jobs (30)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time