- Post Date:February 3, 2021
- Views 264
- Qualification DegreeExperience 3-5 YearsIndustry Business
Our client in the Internet Service Provision Industry is looking for a Fibre Planner. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and will be responsible for the following:
- Design, plan, implement and maintain fibre-optic infrastructure
- Plan optical fibre paths and produce maps and drawings.
- Desktop surveys and report viability of customer connections
- Data modelling, building map and database environment.
- Fibre optic infrastructure that provide clients with core network that is reliable with high performance connections.
- Ensure network designs are future-proof and documented according to industry standards.
- Generate BOMs and project implementation documentation to guide fibre-installation projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Assist with forecasting CAPEX and OPEX requirements of designed infrastructure projects.
- Maintain fibre network inventory.
- Supervise fibre network installation and support teams to ensure quick, quality, reliable and cost-effective fibre installation.
- Project manage fibre installation projects.
- Advise on the latest technological trends for the business to capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- Manage fault resolutions of fibre network.
Qualifications and skills
- A degree in Engineering and/or relevant studies.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Network planning experience is essential.
- Fibre planning and designing experience.
- Civil route planning.
- Analytical, detail oriented and high level of flexibility
- Understanding of national authority regulations in respect to civil works.
- Knowledge of lit fibre services such as FTTH methodologies and design
- Strong project management and reporting capabilities.
- Knowledge and experience of Fibre Optics in a Telecoms environment.
- Understanding of PON and Full Fibre networks.
If interested please send CVs to [email protected]
Related Jobs (21)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time