FFA Field Officer x4
- Post Date:May 6, 2021
- Views 667
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs.
World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position Title: Field Officer (Food For Assets) x4
Location: Chimanimani, Kariba, Mudzi
Purpose of the position:
To facilitate the design, planning and implementation of multi- sectorial Food for Assets community developments projects and ensures compliance to donor standards and guidelines.
- To develop implementation guidelines in Food For Assets Programming and ensuring that there is advocacy in research works for relevant project designs from the communities, Local Authorities and other stakeholders.
- Enhance sustainability of projects and activities through Food For Assets Programming and interventions by applying community-based approaches in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Co-ordinate with other Relief and Development Agencies , Local Authorities and Government line- ministries in Program areas in ensuring that food assets projects are in line with required standards and that there is fit with the GoZ and communities’ strategic plans.
- To develop and design clearly defined exit strategies for interventions in programming as an assurance of sustainability of the Program after the phase-out.
- Facilitate the identification, design and implementation of appropriate training needs for program staff and the entire communities.
- Ensure that there is proper co-ordination of FFA activities and a thorough paper trail is available to document all the key processes and other materials to Food For Assets projects.
- Provide technical and sound support in all Food For Assets Programming with regards to development of Work Norms and Bills Of Quantities in the construction and rehabilitation of dams, irrigation schemes, dip-tanks, environmental management works and other forms of related infrastructure.
- Collect, analyse, provide regular / timely data-base and progress reports to the superiors and relevant stakeholders.
- To ensure that target communities are visited and consulted on a regular basis so as to learn from their experiences for sustainability and relevant programming.
- Assist the Commodities Officer in preparation of budgets, expenditure analysis and resource management for FFA programming in the district.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources, Civil/Agriculture Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ community development and/or project management experience in a government office or NGO, on issues relevant to the technical area.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, with project stakeholders including local government officials, UN agency staff, other NGO peers, and community members.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to write good reports, clearly, and meet a deadline.
- Advanced computer literacy in the MS Office packages, Internet and email.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and the local languages.
- Ability to travel most of times to field sites.
- A clean Class 4 drivers’ Licence. Ability to ride a Motorbike is an added advantage.
- Extensive working knowledge of project cycle management tools.
- Experience in the construction and design of dams, and weirs will be an added advantage
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 11 May 2021
Related Jobs (24)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time