Farm Production Manager
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 419
- Career Level ManagerQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
***NB*** ROLE NOT BASED IN SOUTH AFRICA. THIS POSITION IS BASED IN ZIMBABWE, UNITED EXPORTS IS ASSISTING ONE OF ITS OUT GROWERS WITH THIS SCREENING PROCESS.
The main purpose of this role is to manage the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the production function including planting, harvesting, pruning, fertigation, pest/disease management and team management to ensure overall financial and physical performance on a day-to-day basis resulting in the achievement of the short- and long-term business plans of the business unit.
THE PRODUCITON MANAGER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Contribute to the development of the OZblu’s operational plans and ensure the effective implementation of all agreed activities, to support the achievement of the set objectives and targets, daily.
- Monitor, manage and mitigate the operational business risk daily to ensure that production is optimised, and targets are achieved in line with set standards and procedures.
- Ensure the successful production of fruit by directing and coordinating operational activities to achieve agreed targets in accordance with set procedures, standards and quality requirements.
- Critically evaluate and analyse various sources of information from the farm including but not limited to soil/leaf analysis, production area inspections and overall maintenance, to ensure that quality standards are maintained, and production performance is optimised.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation and reports are accurately compiled and submitted on time to the Estate Manager to monitor progress of the business unit and support further decision making.
- Monitor expenditure of the production budget to ensure that operational expenses (e.g., wages, tools, supplies, wastage etc) are in line with the agreed budget and that any over expenditure is controlled.
- Effectively manage and lead a team by determining resource requirements, managing activities; monitoring and rewarding good performance; ensuring discipline, mentoring; coaching and providing sufficient training and development initiatives to enhance the staffs’ wellbeing and achieve the business units’ objectives.
- Manage the various assets (machinery, equipment, and supplies) as well as other stock required for production and ensure that scheduled/unscheduled maintenance activities are managed to maintain operations of the business unit on a daily basis.
- Ensure compliance to the industry regulations, quality standards (which includes the OZblu Standard as well as all company’s policies, procedures and practices on a day-to-day basis.
- Senior certificate/grade 12;
- Certificates in all other farming activities, e.g. irrigation, scouting, plant production.
- 3-5 years’ relevant farm production experience;
- 2 years experience in managing people
- Crop production activities, from land development to harvesting and farm maintenance.
To apply, please CLICK HERE