- Post Date:June 30, 2022
- Views 313
- Career Level ManagerQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
Applications are invited to fill a vacancy in the Vice- Chancellor’s Office as a Farm Manager.
The Farm Manager is responsible for the following:
- Manage staff, animal husbandry and crop husbandry, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports.
- Analysing existing farm operations and recommend improvements.
- Developing irrigation designs and schedules for livestock pasture and crops.
- Preparing paddocking schedules ensuring that employees understand expectations.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides and other supplies are regularly stocked.
- Preparing budgets and reports as required.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of staff members
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments related to agricultural science.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Diploma in Agriculture.
- A Degree in Agriculture/Animal Science/Crop Science or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in both animal husbandry and crop husbandry. Experience in a University farm environment is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, project and people management skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
Conditions of Service
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to: [email protected] or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 01 July 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.