Family Planning Outreach Nurse (Part Time)
- Post Date:January 29, 2021
- Views 338
- Qualification CertificateExperience 1-3 YearsIndustry Health Care
Location: Bulawayo, Harare, Mash East, Mash West, Manicaland, Masvingo, Mat North, Midlands
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
The Project is a 5-year USAID-funded Integrated Maternal, New-born, Child Health and Family Planning (MNCH-FP) cooperative agreement whose overall goal is improved maternal, youth and child health and survival in beneficiary communities and populations. The geographic focus is the seven districts of Manicaland Province, focusing on activities to increase the demand for and supply of integrated, quality MNCH-FP services as well as delivery of FP services through outreach in 8 provinces. This project will provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in Manicaland Province for MNCH and direct service delivery for FP through outreach services.
The incumbent who should be an effective team player and will report directly to the Family Planning Outreach Team Leader to ensure improved access to the underserved and hard to reach population with an improved method mix that includes LARC (long acting reversible contraception) and will be responsible for comprehensive quality Family planning services with appropriate method –mix across all sectors including in a special way to achieve high coverage in the hard to reach populations and groups.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides efficient, effective, and responsive family planning services in line with the set policies, protocols.
- Ensures complete and effective records according to National and program requirements.
- Provide care to the client that contributes to their optimum sexual and reproductive health outcomes.
- Maintain records and statistics as required, ensuring accurate statistics are supplied within required time frames.
- Participate in supervision of nurse aides/ drivers and act as a role model for team members within the Family Planning Outreach team.
- Assist in the induction, integration, and assessment of new clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Assist in skills building of external health professionals.
- Assist in identifying learning needs of the team and acting as a resource.
- Ensures continuous quality improvement into all activities.
- Contributes to meeting the objectives of MHURI/IMULI FP quality plan.
- Complies with all health and safety procedures to ensure their own safety and the safety of others in the workplace and actively participates in maintaining a safe working environment at outreach.
- Give health education on Family planning services and methods.
- Provides in depth counselling and supports clients in selecting their method of choice.
Qualifications and experience
- Registered General Nurse.
- Minimum of one-year recent, full-time, post-basic nursing experience.
- Family Planning experience is a must.
- Valid practising certificate.
To apply send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] including your preferred area in the subject line.
Applicants should be based in the locations applied for.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Please note that FHI 360 does not charge applicants any fee for their applications to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 5 February 2021