Faculty of Commerce and Law Lecturer: Graduate School of Business
- Post Date:August 29, 2021
- Views 441
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Education
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance e-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the following vacant position that has arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University.
PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / SENIOR LECTURER / LECTURER: FACULTY OF COMMERCE AND LAW: GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS: NATIONAL CENTRE (1 POST)
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Developing and launching new degree programmes;
- Developing open and distance electronic learning materials including writing modules and study guides;
- Developing, designing, outlining, reviewing or rebranding a minimum of one (1) programme per year;
- Conducting a minimum of two (2) face to face or online tutorials per semester;
- Carrying out research and creative work;
- Managing technology enabled teaching;
- Establishing partnerships with industry and local communities;
- Fostering Education 5.0 through innovation and industrialization;
- Engaging in community service;
- Interfacing with other Faculties;
- Engaging in University service; and
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Dean.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a PhD in Business or Commerce related field;
- Master’s Degree in Business or Commerce related field;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce related field;
- A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in an institution of Higher Learning is a requirement;
- Knowledge of technology-enabled open and distance teaching is an added advantage; and
- Computer literacy is a must.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HAVE THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows;
- in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
- as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for. Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
or Hand delivered to:
Zimbabwe Open University
Cnr. S. Machel Ave and L. Takawira St.
Applications should be received not later than 5 September 2021.
Related Jobs (10)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time