Faculty of Arts, Culture and Heritage Lecturer x 2: Department of Culture and Heritage Studies
- Post Date:August 29, 2021
- Views 212
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Education
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance e-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the following vacant position that has arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University.
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
POST a: PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / SENIOR LECTURER / LECTURER: FACULTY OF ARTS, CULTURE AND HERITAGE STUDIES: DEPARTMENT OF CULTURE AND HERITAGE STUDIES: NATIONAL CENTRE (1 POST)
POST b: PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / SENIOR LECTURER / LECTURER: FACULTY OF ARTS, CULTURE AND HERITAGE STUDIES: DEPARTMENT OF CULTURE AND HERITAGE STUDIES: NATIONAL CENTRE [1 POST – TWO (2) YEAR CONTRACT]
- Developing and launching of new degree programmes;
- Developing open and distance electronic learning and teaching materials;
- Managing technology enabled teaching;
- Carrying out research and creative work;
- Promoting the University wide initiatives;
- Establishing partnerships with industry and local communities;
- Fostering Education 5.0 through innovation and industrialisation;
- Engaging in community service;
- Interfacing with other Faculties; and
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Dean.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Possession of a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines is a pre-requisite:
- Master’s Degree in Archeology;
- Master’s Degree in Heritage Studies;
- Master’s Degree in Museum Studies; or
- Master’s Degree in Social Anthology;
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines is a pre-requisite:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Archeology;
- Bachelor’s Degree in History;
- Bachelor’s Degree in African Languages and Culture; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Archeology, Museum and Heritage Studies;
- Possession of a PhD in Culture and Heritage Studies is an added advantage;
- Working experience in a university setting, especially Open and Distance e-Learning is an added advantage;
- A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in an institution of higher learning is a requirement;
- Knowledge of Open and Distance e-Learning mode of delivery is an added advantage; and
- Computer literacy is a must;
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HAVE THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows;
- in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
- as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for. Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
or Hand delivered to:
Zimbabwe Open University
Cnr. S. Machel Ave and L. Takawira St.
Applications should be received not later than 5 September 2021.
Related Jobs (33)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract