Factory Demand Planner
- Post Date:June 27, 2022
- Views 276
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
Company: Nestlé East and Southern Africa
Position Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Factory Logistics Manager
Minimum Educational Qualification: University graduate – Supply Chain Field, Logistics Procurement
Minimum Relevant Work Experience: 3 years’ experience in related field
Nestlé has over 308 000 employees worldwide. More than being the world’s number one food and beverage brand, we’ve successfully launched, and sustained, hundreds of thousands of careers. We are currently looking to hire a Factory Demand Planner for the East and Southern Africa region to join our team in Zimbabwe.
The Factory Demand Planner ensures availability of materials to fulfill the requirements of the production plans within the agreed cost boundaries and stock cover targets. Need to develop more suppliers, volatile environment, shortages of materials.
A day in the life of…
- Create an optimised replenishment plan for raw and packaging materials over an 18-month horizon that ensures supply of material to production whilst ensuring that the working capital targets for raw and packaging materials are met and waste is reduced by minimizing write-offs.
- Monitors supply signals using MRP purchase requisitions ensuring delivery dates, lead times and required quantities are correct and finally creating purchase orders and ensuring their fulfillment by the supplier.
- Manages directly with the defined supplier the delivery of materials: this includes creating, sending, confirming, receiving, investigating errors and discrepancies on blocked or parked invoice lines, and handling all exceptions / issues in those operations, including claims management.
- Create a feasible production plan within the DPS period that meets the market demand and takes into consideration available capacity available labour available materials that respects the inventory policy, product family sequencing as determined by the MPS planner and best optimizes the factory’s ability to produce the SKUs within the families.
- Identification of practical issues concerning plant shutdowns, timing of promotion activity within The DPS period.
- Identification of possible opportunities and problems for the factory within the DPS period.
- Give advance information on labour and resource requirements within the DPS period.
- Ensures excellent supplier relationships.
- Involves their suppliers in Supply Chain improvement exercises that creates shared value for both Nestlé and their suppliers.
What will make you successful
- Qualifications: University graduate – Supply Chain Field, Logistics Procurement.
- Minimum 3 years comprehensive work experience in related field
- FMCG experience required.
- SAP experience.
- Finance inclined.
Closing Date: 27 June 2022