Extension and Field Project Manager
- Post Date:January 16, 2021
- Views 522
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
The ZADF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all interested and qualifying candidates to apply.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To manage all extension activities of all projects undertaken – including technical field work activities, work plans, farmer trainings, participating in budget preparations and controls;
- To coordinate and manage the extension team providing the leadership, monitoring, evaluation and assessment of the team;
- Oversee that all milk collection centres are visited for viability assessment, extension services implementation and audited once a year;
- Coordinating the review meetings and technical trainings of farmers/farm workers;
- To plan, strategize and manage the dairy extension and member services required for the implementation of the Association’s Strategic Plan;
- Conducting farm visits for the purpose of training and advising farmers on profitable and clean raw milk production;
- Training smallholder dairy producers on most appropriate types of dairy breed to be used;
- Implementing milk production technologies for smallholder farmers; providing training to farmers in liaison with other industry stakeholders on the most appropriate fodder conservation methods;
- To establish and manage the dairy information hub of the association ensuring dairy statistical and industry information is readily available – National Dairy Statistics, Industry Statistics, Milk Collection Centre performance status, Dairy Trend analysis – (pricing, feed, production), Cost of milk production, Dairy Viability analysis and Regional / Global Comparisons.
The ideal candidate should have the following minimum qualifications and attributes
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Agriculture with livestock experience preferably dairy or equivalent;
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant field;
- Must be knowledgeable about management, dairy extension and milk processing;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and previous experience with provision of trainings;
- Clean Class 4 driver’s license is mandatory and willing to handle extensive travel;
- Must be computer literate;
- Good planning and supervisory skills.
Interested persons should submit applications with detailed CVs to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22 January 2021
Related Jobs (8)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time