Extension and Field Project Manager
- Post Date:July 22, 2021
- Apply Before: July 28, 2021
- Views 143
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
The Zimbabwe Association of Dairy Farmers (ZADF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all interested and qualifying candidates to apply.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To manage all extension activities of all projects undertaken – including technical field work activities, work plans, farmer trainings, participating in budget preparations and controls;
- To coordinate and manage the extension team providing the leadership, monitoring, evaluation and assessment of the team;
- Oversee that all milk collection centres are visited for viability assessment, extension services implementation and audited once a year. Coordinating the review meetings and technical trainings of farmers / farm workers;
- To plan, strategize and manage the dairy extension and member services required for the implementation of the Association’s Strategic Plan;
- Conducting farm visits for the purpose of training and advising farmers on profitable and clean raw milk production;
- Training smallholder dairy producers on most appropriate types of dairy breed to be used, implementing milk production technologies for smallholder farmers, providing training to farmers in liaison with other industry stakeholders on the most appropriate fodder conservation methods;
- To establish and manage the dairy information hub of the association ensuring dairy statistical and industry information is readily available – National Dairy Statistics, Industry Statistics, Milk Collection Centre performance status, Dairy Trend analysis – (pricing, feed, production), Cost of milk production, Dairy Viability analysis and Regional/Global Comparisons.
The ideal candidate should have the following minimum qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Agriculture with a livestock experience preferably dairy or equivalent;
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant field;
- Must be knowledgeable about management, dairy extension and milk processing;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and previous experience with provision of trainings;
- Clean Class 4 driver’s license is mandatory and willing to handle extensive travel;
- Must be computer literate;
- Good planning and supervisory skills.
Interested persons should submit applications with detailed CVs to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27 July 2021