Executive Director Banking
- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 395
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 15+ Years
- Industry Banking
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Executive Director Banking will be responsible for executing the business plan of the bank’s revenue generating units. Successful incumbent will also be tasked with ensuring that the business units operate profitably, within the set out parameters, existence of adequate controls and enhanced operational efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop business strategies to continuously grow revenue and profitability via a complete, well-diversified shelf of solutions that meet with the needs of different customer segments.
- Develop, execute and manage business strategy and tactical business plans, taking into account the market opportunity/growth potential, competitor activity, existing capabilities and risk appetite.
- Oversee operations, business development efforts of staff, and provide ongoing support For sales and service.
- Review and control the units’ operating costs within the budget in order to maintain cost control.
- Assess, analyse, define, recommend, implement and follow up market intelligence, and marketing plans in order to meet business strategic growth objectives.
- Identify customer needs, initiate action and follow up in order to meet customer expectations.
- Identify training needs, recommend, guide, rotate, monitor and Follow up in order to improve staff competencies.
- Ensure growth in business volumes and generate new account relationships through all business segments — Retail, Corporate, Treasury & International Banking.
- Manage overall business relationships From all segments to maximize revenue and profit.
- Collaborate with senior management and Marketing Department in implementation of creative, strategic marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrate commitment, dependability and respect for all team members; serve as a guiding light in leading towards relationship-based success with team members and clients.
- Assess market conditions, define, recommend, implement and monitor strategy in order to gain and sustain the Bank’s competitive edge and results.
- Oversee the adequacy of the bank’s delivery channels such as branch network, Agents and Alternate channels to meet the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Carry out ongoing evaluation of staff, identify performance strengths and deficiencies, and arrange for necessary training.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Ability to generate new ideas and creative solutions.
- Strong relationship and networking skills both external and internal to the bank.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Superior verbal & written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Strong strategy execution skills.
- Solid implementation and coordination capabilities.
- Effective understanding of financial performance management in the banking area.
- Proven record of accomplishment in a customer driven, sales and or product innovation role
- Good knowledge in dealing with savings/ transactional and lending product suites.
- Good understanding of Government related acts.
- Knowledge of the Banks’ Act and other legislation relevant to banking industry.
- Exhibit and maintain high degree of professionalism.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Banking/Finance/Business Studies/Business Management/Economics or equivalent.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification such as Master’s in Business Administration Degree (MBA) or MBL with a strong commercial background.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in banking.
- Extensive knowledge of banking and sales management.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume by no later than 3 February 2022.
All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.