- Post Date:June 28, 2021
- Views 805
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Job #: req12381
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 7/16/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
The World Bank’s Zimbabwe Office, is looking for a highly organized, energized and seasoned professional, capable of operating effectively and discreetly in a very demanding, fast-paced environment to serve as the Executive Assistant to the Country Manager and to lead and manage a team of Administrative and Client Support (ACS) staff.
Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Undertakes representational duties on behalf of Country Manager, to include serving as a first point of contact to the office of the Country Manager and liaison with an extensive network of contacts, both internal and external clients and officials, including coordination with Washington based staff and management; other country offices, and outside the World Bank Group, as needed.
- Manages the Country Manager’s schedule by effectively prioritizing and resolving related time conflicts and competing demands.
- Plays a leadership role with respect to all issues related to ACS staff, being accountable for the smooth operation of the office support work and related system, assuming primary responsibility for organizing and coordinating workflow. Participate in the ACS cross-regional initiatives and institutional/corporate activities outside the Country Office.
- Supervises the ACS staff, including recruitment and selection, onboarding, coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Assess and evaluate the training needs for ACS staff through the information and Learning Plans, and coordinates with other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provides primary feedback to the performance evaluation of ACS staff by providing primary input to their performance evaluation in liaison with the Task Team Leaders and Country Manager.
- Effectively provides general research support and utilizes all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data, as needed.
- Independently responds to diverse inquiries and makes decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
- Coordinates and monitors multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure that management decisions are properly carried out and products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Acts as Secretary to the staff meetings and follows up with staff on key actions.
- Facilitates official processes, including signing ceremonies, ensuring that signing packages are properly presented and ready on the day of signing.
- Ensures adherence to administrative guidelines and overall quality of outputs by ACS. Working together with the SOO, ensures quality of documents requiring the Country Manager’s approval and/or signature.
- Maintains effective operation of the Zimbabwe Front Office, manages correspondence flow and specifically WBDocs/Records management.
- Keeps others informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates.
- Drafts/finalizes correspondence on a range of topics on behalf of the Country Manager and prepares minutes of meetings, as required.
- Works closely with and supports the Senior Operations Officer, whenever needed.
- Supports and works collaboratively with members of the immediate work team as well as with others in diverse work groups/teams/task forces, across World Bank Group offices.
- Minimum Education: High School diploma. Candidates with bachelor’s degree in business administration or social sciences with at least 5 years’ relevant direct experience will have an advantage.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and oversee administrative and client support staff.
- Technology and systems knowledge – Exhibits excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area. Able to coach less experienced staff on relevant technology and systems.
- Project and task management – Able to undertake diverse and complex assignments with minimal supervision and resolve competing demands. Demonstrates good organizational skills, can plan and prioritize own work and work of internal clients (e.g. manage Manager’s calendar).
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedures, and people. Able to practically apply and guide others in policy application.
- Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrates initiative and motivation to proactively learn new developments in relevant policies, procedures and technology. Is able proactively identify, prevent and/or solve problems. Able to participate in change activities and initiatives.
- Team Leadership (ACS) – Able to provide support to team members, giving instructions when necessary to improve work performance and promote collaboration within team. Able to organize and/or conduct training for team members on procedures, policies and work activities.
- Office Administration – Exhibits good understanding of unit’s portfolio. Able to organize, prioritize, coordinate, and monitor distribution of unit’s work activities to ensure that work program is properly carried out and delivered in a timely and collaborative manner.
- Client Orientation – Able to interact with clients with discretion and diplomacy. Demonstrates ability to resolve complex client-related issues. Displays understanding of relevant internal and external factors and their impact to the client.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Able to communicate in a constructive and professional manner. Can assist in the preparation of written materials in accordance with WB administrative guidelines and best practices. Able to contribute to unit’s knowledge sharing. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (required); ability to draft correspondence on a range of topics; ensure quality of documents requiring Country Manager’s approval and/or signature.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Able to effectively and independently provide general research support. Demonstrates ability to assess situation and make sound judgment on action needed.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.