- Post Date:August 16, 2021
- Views 1013
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Evaluator
Location: Ecuador, the Gambia, and Zimbabwe
Reports To: Team Lead – Public Finance Specialist
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a short term technical consultant position
IBTCI seeks qualified candidates for a Local Evaluator for an upcoming performance evaluation that will inform the development of mechanisms to support the State Department’s Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs (EB) Office of Monetary Affairs’ (OMA) Fiscal Transparency Innovation Fund (FTIF) program. The purpose of this evaluation is to provide FTIF with information to improve our processes for selecting, monitoring, and measuring technical assistance efforts that are designed and implemented, primarily by U.S. diplomatic missions abroad, to build public and institutional support for strong fiscal transparency regimes and reinforce USG foreign assistance policy priorities.
To support this effort, IBTCI is seeking a qualified consultant to support data collection, analysis, and other aspects of the evaluation. This is a short-term technical consultant position, with anticipated start date at the beginning of September 2021, and duration of 12 months, with 10 to 15 days of LOE, depending on the consultant qualifications and contributions to the evaluation team. The Evaluator is expected to participate in field data collection and data entry, support data analysis and drafting of the evaluation report; and support scheduling of interviews and local travel logistics if necessary. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support field work and data collection;
- Independently and/or together with other evaluation team member conduct document and web resource reviews in local languages and in English, as necessary, key informant interview in person and over the phone, support development and implementation of online surveys, facilitate secondary data collection;
- Conduct data entry and initial data analysis in Excel and using specialized software for analysis of qualitative and quantitative data;
- Draft assigned sections of evaluation report in English;
- Provide other contributions to the evaluation implementation, based on the consultant skills, experience, and approved evaluation methodology.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- This individual(s) should have at least five years’ experience working on economic development/public sector administration programs and a strong understanding of this type of programming in the countries selected for evaluation for which they will serve as a local consultant;
- Bachelor’s degree related to public finance or economics, Master’s degree is preferred;
- At least 3 years of experience conducting evaluation as a member of a team;
- Experience in desk reviews, conducting key information interviews, focus group discussions, including experience with data collection over the phone;
- Strong Excel skills, experience working with Dedoose or other software for qualitative data analysis;
- Must be fluent in English (reading, writing, and speaking) and in local languages used in the country.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in public finance or economics or related technical field.
- Work will be performed in the field and an office environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with R or other statistical software, experience in quantitative data management, data entry and analysis;
- Documented evidence of conducting evaluation studies related to public finance;
- Previous experience with a U.S. Government organization.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Local travel will be required.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
Deadline: 9 September 2021