Evaluation Team Lead, USAID/Zimbabwe Tuberculosis Performance Evaluation
- Post Date:May 11, 2021
- Views 427
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Under the Monitoring and Evaluation to Collaborate, Learn, Adapt, and Knowledge Management (MECLAK) IDIQ, Social Impact is bidding on a task order to conduct a performance evaluation of USAID/Zimbabwe’s Tuberculosis (TB) programming. The TB Performance Evaluation will provide a measure of success and progress in the rollout of the new treatment regimens and highlight areas that need further improvement. Findings, conclusions and recommendations from the evaluation will assist USAID, implementing partners (IPs), Government of Zimbabwe (GOZ), and other national and international stakeholders in their efforts to improve TB programs. The TB Performance Evaluation will enable USAID to re-examine development hypotheses, adjust program implementation based on new evidence, and consider both planned and unplanned results.
Social Impact is seeking an Evaluation Team Leader (TL) to lead the overall evaluation design in collaboration with SI HQ and USAID as well as data collection and analysis with stakeholders in Zimbabwe. The Evaluation TL must have demonstrated experience in providing successful leadership on similar evaluations and assessments. In addition, the TL will hold primary responsibility for the drafting, finalizing and submission of all deliverables to USAID, including the evaluation work plan, design, presentation, and draft and final reports. This is a part-time consulting assignment scheduled to take place from August 2021 to May 2022, contingent upon award of the task order. Travel to Zimbabwe for data collection may be request subject to the lifting of travel restrictions imposed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. An indicative evaluation timeline is included below:
- Task I, August to September 2021: Literature review and initial planning stages.
- Task II, October 2021 to February 2022: Field Research and Assessment.
- Task III, March to May 2022: Analysis and Preparation of draft Performance Evaluation Findings and Stakeholder Presentation.
- Lead development and submission of evaluation work plan and design to USAID.
- Conduct weekly briefing meetings with USAID COR to provide status updates on the evaluation’s progress, including potential challenges, emerging opportunities, and team findings.
- Administer key informant interviews (KIIs) and focus group discussions (FGDs) with identified stakeholders in Zimbabwe.
- Ensure all team members carefully collect, clean, and store accurate records of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Lead data analysis and drafting of a preliminary findings presentation to USAID/Zimbabwe.
- Coordinate team inputs to prepare the draft report; upon receiving USAID’s comments on the draft report, make any final corrections and improvements in compliance with client standards.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables, implementing SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Master’s degree in public health, international development, statistics, or other relevant degree.
- A minimum of five years of experience in evaluation design, methods, management, and implementation.
- Previous experience serving as Team Leader on health-sector evaluations, assessments, and research studies. USAID evaluation experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis. Gender and age group analysis skills preferred.
- Technical expertise in TB and public health.
- Background in USAID’s cross-cutting program priorities, such as gender equality and women’s empowerment, youth, etc.
- Previous work experience in the Zimbabwean public health sector.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Related Jobs (31)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract