Estates and Valuation Manager
- Post Date:August 30, 2021
- Views 298
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
GRADE : 13
DEPARTMENT : HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
REPORTING TO : DIRECTOR OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above mentioned position of Estates and Valuation Manager which has become vacant in the Housing and Community Services Department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience
- Degree in Estates Management or equivalent
- Diploma in Property Valuation is an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence is a must
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage Council estates, acquisition, disposal, lease or donate land property for industrial, commercial, agricultural and other purposes.
- To value for rating all ratable properties in the Municipal area and to prepare General Valuation and Supplementary Valuation Rolls.
- Attending to registration of servitudes on Council property.
- Carrying out valuations in conjunction with outside valuers appointed by Council from time to time.
- To ensure that the schedule of properties for valuation is submitted to the office of Director of Engineering Services on time.
- To deal with any valuation enquiries.
- Fixing selling prices for sale, administering agreement by ensuring that purchase price is paid.
- Administering land exchanges and donations. Advertising the alienations and attending to the drawing up of the necessary legal documentation.
- Keeping the Government 10% Commonage Entitlement Records up to date.
- Administering leases to ensure renewal, rental increases and termination of agreements.
In return Council offers:
- A competitive salary package and benefits
- Generous leave days
- Contributory Pension and Medical Aid
Interested candidates should submit detailed CVs with certified copies of qualifications to the Office of The Chamber Secretary not later than Friday 10 September 2021.
ACTING TOWN CLERK: V.D CHIKWEKWE
CITY OF GWERU
CIVIC CENTRE GARDENS
CORNER ROBERT MUGABE WAY AND 8th STREET
P. 0. BOX 278
TEL. 0254 224071-9