Environmental Health and Safety Intern
- Post Date:March 17, 2022
- Views 444
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Manufacturing
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT ZIMBABWE IS LOOKING FOR A EHS INTERN
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Our internship programme is designed for individuals who are looking to work in a dynamic global organization. The programme comprises of functional projects which the intern will be assigned over a period of 1 year (May 2022 to May 2023). Along with accomplishing challenging tasks every day, the candidate will receive coaching from the assignment / line manager through a structured plan and defined set of deliverables, to grow both business and leadership capabilities.Interested applicants will have a chance to strive for development and contribute actively to the business through various projects in the function.
If you have the talent and expertise to make your mark in a global organization that thrives on diversity, innovation, and a commitment to helping people make the most of their abilities, send through your application!
Reports to: Line Manager
Geographic Scope: Zimbabwe
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- To learn and understand Environmental Health and Safety in Manufacturing and Trade and apply the knowledge in improving EHS KPIs and driving the ESG agenda.
- Work with the factory and trade teams to manage EHS related risks and implement IWS standards.
- Update the relevant documentation per required frequency.
- Participate in EHS related projects
- Assist with EHS training for staff and contractors
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health and Safety with at least a Second-Class Upper Division.
- No experience required.
- A self-starter, driven, ambitious individual with a zeal for learning.
- Excellent communication skills complimented by excellent organizational and planning skills.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Be vigilant – BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.