Environmental Control Officer
- Post Date:December 15, 2021
- Views 364
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe, ZA
Requisition ID: 51394
Job Category: Environmental
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking an Environmental Control Officer (ECO) to join our team of talented environmental and social professionals in Zimbabwe.
Hatch’s Environmental Services Group focuses on providing our clients with solutions to their environmental and social challenges, and we work directly with clients, or in collaboration with other service areas within Hatch to develop new business opportunities. Hatch’s Environmental Services Group are seeking for an Environmental Control Officer (ECO) to join our team of talented environmental and social professionals in Zimbabwe.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- An Honours Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Geography, or an equivalent qualification in related disciplines.
- Knowlege of the Zimbabwean environmental legislation
- Knowledge of environmental audit process.
- A minimum of three years, environmental experience on construction sites.
- A valid Zimbabwean driver’s license.
You bring to the role:
The ECO will be responsible for undertaking the day-to-day activities required to ensure that the Hatch and client environmental and social policies and procedures are implemented to ensure compliance. The ECO roles and responsibilities on site will include, but not necessarily limited to, the following key duties:
- Develop, implement and maintain project specific environmental and social management plans/procedures.
- Develop, implement and maintain project specific registers.
- To develop environmental awareness training material/programme and implement such.
- Assist with the Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment(s).
- Monitor the Contractor’s compliance to project specific environmental and social management plans/procedures and permits/licences.
- Conduct site inspections and audits.
- Report environmental and social performance.
- Be able to advise on the rectification of any pollution, contamination or damage.
- Be able to resolve conflicts and make recommendations.
- Attend site meetings.
- Maintain documentation and records.
Key attributes of the successful candidate:
- Excellent communications skills and an ability to develop personal networks.
- An ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and integrated team environment.
- The capability for working in a fast-paced, consulting environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and deliver high-quality reports, as an individual, as well as part of a collaborative effort.
- An ability to be flexible, learn and perform challenging tasks outside their area of skills and experience.
- Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Private employee-owned company
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: Consulting, Technology