Enumerators - Bulawayo
- Post Date:July 6, 2021
- Views 350
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. GOAL has operated in Zimbabwe since 2002 and currently our focus is on Emergency response, Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH activities.
Overview of the role
Reporting to the MEAL Officer, the Enumerators will be primarily responsible for conducting beneficiary interviewing; data collection, entry and analysis; registration in the target wards. The registered beneficiaries must be captured into a database which will be used for the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system for the projects.
- Participate in all the technical orientation and mentorship sessions organized by GOAL or assigned partner(s)
- Conduct household surveys for target beneficiaries (volume of work is based on assessment design)
- Take part in Key informant interviews and focus group discussions as assigned by the assessment leader
- Review survey documents in order to ensure accuracy of data.
- Ensure adherence to a laid down Code of Conduct
- Complete all planned tasks in required time frame evidenced by submission of completed tasks to the supervisor.
Requirements: Technical & Functional skills
- Minimum of a certificate in project monitoring and evaluation, development studies, social sciences or equivalent.
- At least one-year demonstrable experience in implementing surveys and other research activities within an NGO environment.
- Demonstrated experience in applying quantitative and qualitative /participatory research methods including skills in digital data gathering techniques.
- Knowledge of urban local environment and community dynamics
- Proficiency in using mobile technology and standard computer software, especially MS office as well as data entry/statistical packages, such as MS Access, SPSS, Minitab, Epi Info.
- Active listener who captures exact response from respondents.
- Understanding of mainstreaming principles – Gender, HIV/AIDS & Child Protection.
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, proven record in provision and facilitation of trainings.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Should be Ndebele speaking and should be a resident of Bulawayo
Interested employment seekers are invited to apply here to get a detailed job specification and prompts on how to submit the application. All applicants should be prepared to upload an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable references
Deadline: 6 July 2021
Related Jobs (18)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract