Engineering Technician (Mechanical)
- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 274
- Career Level TechnicianQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its various Departments.
POSITION : ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (MECHANICAL) (1 POSITION)
GRADE : 7
REPORTING TO : DEPUTY CHIEF ENGINEER – (MECHANICAL SERVICES)
LOCATION : MECHANICAL WORKSHOPS/CLEVELAND HOUSE
DEPARTMENT : WORKS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the above mentioned vacancy in the Mechanical Workshops in the Mechanical and Electrical Services Division of the Department of Works.
Responsible for production of engineering designs, provision of support in modifications, selection and installation of all mechanical plant and equipment, and design reviews for new plant and equipment.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Preparation of design drawings.
- Supervision of new installations.
- Responsible for providing support in the design, selection and installation of all mechanical plant and equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance of all divisional engineering drawings, manuals and literature on plant and equipment.
- Drafts specifications for procurement of new plant and equipment.
- Liaises with clients and service providers and ensures that quality services are delivered timeously.
- Drafts the capital and revenue budgets.
- Motivates, directs and leads the various project teams.
- Ensures safe working environments in line with the Electrical Safety Regulations, Factories & Works Act. Occupational Health & Safety Act and Environmental Management Act.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- HND in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years’ experience or
- BSc/BEng Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least
- Two (2) years experience and have undergone a structured graduate trainee program with o reputable organization.
- ZIE Membership will be an added advantage.
- At least Class 4 Driver’s licence will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND DESIRED COMPETENCES
- Team player
- Technical aptitude in earth moving and mobile equipment
- Knowledge of planned maintenance systems
- Good analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Computer literacy (MS Project, MS Office, AUIOoCAD, etc.)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
OR hand delivered to:
Records Office.Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
To arrive not later than 22nd September 2021
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Related Jobs (13)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract
Assistant Soap Manager on October 12, 2021