- Post Date:June 23, 2022
- Views 285
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Retail
Our client in the FMCG industry is looking for an Engineering Manager.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and inspiring his or her team to achieve their performance metrics. Your role will involve strategizing, project management, and part staff management. Your collaborative attitude and interpersonal skills will help you thrive as an Engineering Manager.
- Providing a specialist mechanical/electrical engineering support
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates the implementation of planned maintenance
- Requisitions spares and equipment through normal everyday procurement systems and CAPEX
- Ensures budgetary control of the repairs and maintenance bill to ensure cost reduction.
- Trains subordinates and production personnel on some machine operations at installation stages
- Improves and designs production equipment systems to suit current needs
- Ensures that the factories and works Act is being followed in operations as well as the EMA Act
- Ensure correct application of Health & Safety standards
- Monitor quality assurance of critical processes
- Root Cause Analysis and Defect Elimination
- Identification and scoping of improvement projects.
- Refurbishes plant equipment
- Inspects work done by Artisans, Foremen, and contractors including equipment and plant commissioning
Qualifications and Experience
- A first Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Production Engineering.
- Proven experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role for at least 3-5 years in an FMCG setup
- Demonstrated ability on leading root cause analysis investigations
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical focus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and continual improvement focus
- Knowledge of relevant FMCG legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of CMMS systems
- Good planning, organizational, scheduling and coordination skills
To apply please submit your CV to: [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject.