- Post Date:December 8, 2021
- Views 316
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Agriculture
A vacancy for the position of ENGINEERING MANAGER has arisen in one of the biggest forestry companies in Manicaland. Suitable candidates who meet the set criteria are invited to apply.
The person will be in charge of sawmill maintenance, civil and mobile equipment workshops; and in particular attending to the following duties:
- Formulate policies and guidelines for the company’s engineering function.
- Ensure that the Sawmill, workshops and all plant and equipment achieve set availability targets.
- Management of all engineering projects to include project appraisal/ inception, implementation, commissioning and maintenance.
- Advise management on engineering technical matters
- Ensures company adheres to statutory obligations as required by Factories Act.
- Assist the Purchasing Department in providing all technical support for all engineering related purchases.
- Prepare capital budgets for all engineering equipment.
- Recommends equipment acquisition and disposal.
- Develop, educate and train human capital to keep abreast with the latest technological developments.
- A recognized four years Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years post-graduation experience with a minimum of three years management experience
- Experience and exposure in heavy mechanical plant, equipment and vehicles, timber extraction and processing equipment.
- Analytical and innovative thinking.
- Knowledge of planned maintenance and computer literate.
Suitable candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] by not later than 10 December 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.