- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 276
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its various Departments.
POSITION : ENGINEER ZONES (1 POST)
GRADE : 7
REPORTING TO : PRINCIPAL ENGINEER
LOCATION : CLEVELAND HOUSE
DEPARTMENT : WORKS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the above vacancy in the Roads Division of the Department of Works in the City of Harare.
Responsible for administration, planning, organization, execution and monitoring of operations relating to maintenance of existing road network, construction of new roads and management of resources.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Conducts visual road inspections/surveys, determining scope and prioritizing maintenance interventions to address road defects in Zones.
- Plans, organizes and guides the Zones/Area Superintendents on road maintenance and improvement activities in their respective zones/areas.
- Resource procurement and scheduling for zones/area maintenance activities, tracking and reviewing work progress and ensuring that work is done to specifications.
- Robust controls and asset management.
- Preparation of Reports.
- Guides and mentors subordinates.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- At least two years working experience in an engineering field.
- Should have undergone a structured graduate trainee program with a reputable organisation.
- Membership of the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers or other relevant institution is an added advantage.
- Clean Class 4 Drivers Licence an added advantage.
- Knowledge of road construction/maintenance equipment. materials, methods and standards
- Project planning, organizing, implementation, evaluating and prioritizing skills;
- Able to use road and storm water design software like AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Report writing, Communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer applications related to the work.
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
OR hand delivered to:
Records Office.Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
To arrive not later than 22nd September 2021
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Related Jobs (13)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract
Assistant Soap Manager on October 12, 2021