Endline Survey Field Enumerators
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 708
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CAMFED Zimbabwe seeks field enumerators from the CAMFED Association network to conduct quantitative and/or qualitative data collection for an endline survey. The field enumerator is primarily responsible for collecting field data and compiling a report of the exercise. They have direct contact with respondents and have a great bearing on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of data output.
S/he will be closely supervised and report to the Head of Impact. The core task will be to collect quantitative or qualitative data from Learner Guides, Transition Guides, Transitees and other stakeholders.
- Attend enumerators’ training workshop;
- Receive enumeration materials and equipment from the principal investigator.
- Conduct interviews and discussions with respondents as per schedule and using the data collection tools and technology;
- Ensure collected data is accurately recorded.
- Send all captured data at the end of each day.
- Ensure anonymity of respondents and develop relationship of trust and safe space during data collection exercise with respondents;
- Identify and report any challenges faced that could affect the quality of the data;
- Take responsibility for project equipment that you may be entrusted with;
- Report daily issues and challenges to Impact Officers;
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of Impact;
- Report on each day’s achievements to the supervisor before and after day’s work for further direction.
Post Enumeration duties
- Ensure that all questionnaires and equipment are accounted for;
- Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected;
- Turn over all literature, materials and equipment used in the survey to the Impact Department;
- Attend a one day debrief meeting.
Technical and functional skills required
- Attention to detail.
- Enumerators will be required to carefully follow instructions relating to the recording of responses;
- Highly organized individual, capable of handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing time effectively
- Confident, ability to work independently as well as an effective team player;
- Familiarity with the use of an Android tablet
- Strong technology skills, ability to work on smart phone-based data collection applications and to master new technology tools, as required;
- Good facilitation skills and good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Innovative, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Good personal skills.
- Enumerators must be able to interact with people from a variety of backgrounds.
Skills and qualifications preferred
- Education degree -Degree or Diploma in Statistics, Operations research, Computer Science, Social studies or any related field;
- Languages -English, Shona and/or Ndebele;
- Ability to speak Tonga an added advantage;
- Previous experience with CAMFED / Other NGOs as enumerators;
- Ability to use ODK.
Submit your CV and any other supporting documents by email to: [email protected] Email subject should read: Endline Enumerator Application (indicate whether quantitative or qualitative researcher) – Name of applicant
Deadline: 21 May 2021
Related Jobs (24)
Safety Health and Environment Quality (SHEQ) Officer on January 28, 2022 Full Time
Graduate Entrepreneurial and Employment Promotion Programme (GEEPP) on January 25, 2022 Internship
Territory Manager – Lubricants – B2B2C – Immediatev on January 25, 2022 Full Time