End of Project Evaluation
- Post Date:March 5, 2021
- Views 457
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A reputable organisation in Zimbabwe working on transitional justice seeks the services of an experienced consultant to assist in the production of an end-of-project evaluation. The project is titled “Transformative Advocacy for Implementation of Transitional Justice in Zimbabwe” ran from June 2019 to March 2021. The key result area was transitional justice in Zimbabwe.
The purpose of the end of project evaluation is to establish the extent to which the project has achieved its objectives; assess the performance of the project, and assess whether the project represents good value for money. The findings of this evaluation will guide the organisation in the identification of successes and challenges and suggest recommendations for future programming.
The consultant will conduct an independent assessment of the appropriateness, timeliness, effectiveness, and efficiency of the implementation of the project that is ending. The specific objectives and key questions for assessment are:
- To assess the appropriateness and relevance of the project goal, objectives, design, and approaches used to achieve the desired outcomes;
- To assess the effectiveness of the project in achieving the desired change and results, including the nature and extent of the project impact and any barriers to the achievement of the desired change;
- To assess the efficiency of the project in achieving the desired change, including project responsiveness to changes in the implementing context;
- To assess the potential sustainability of achieved changes and appropriateness of project activities for ensuring a continuation of benefits generated under the project;
- To assess the value of monitoring and evaluation approaches used and their effectiveness.
Terms of reference
Please find the terms of reference for this opportunity here:
The lead consultant interested in carrying out this assignment should have a strong background in transitional justice-related evaluations, including the following qualifications and skills:
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in conducting baseline survey and program evaluations;
- Proven project management and implementation experience;
- Proven experience of using participatory evaluation tools as a means of data collection;
- Previous experience in evaluating transitional justice projects including qualitative participatory evaluation methodologies that involve the engagement of stakeholders and communities;
- Demonstrated exceptional report writing skills.
Expressions of interest are welcome from both individual consultants and groups of consultants. Interested candidates should submit an application including the following:
- A brief technical and financial proposal, including an overview of the proposed methodology, work plan, and a breakdown of all costs;
- Detailed CVs of the consultant(s) including the team leader and any members of the evaluation team with at least 3 traceable references where similar services have been provided;
- A sample end of project evaluation report.
Applications should be submitted to [email protected]
Late applications will not be accepted.
Deadline: 10 March 2021