Electrician - SF
- Post Date:October 5, 2021
- Views 389
- Career Level EngineerQualification CertificateExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Mining
Business Unit / Group Function: Platinum
Location: Shurugwi District, Zimbabwe
Reference Id: REF16433O
Experience / Work Type: Entry Level / Permanent Employee
Closing Date: 11 October, 2021
Unki Mines (Private) Limited, has an exciting position for an Electrician SF in the Plant.
We’re the best in the industry. You’ll make us better.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
This role is responsible for the maintenance, installation and commission of electrical equipment to an agreed standard in the Concentrator Plant
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Safe achievement of maintenance tasks to support production performance.
- Ensuring that work area is maintained to the required housekeeping standards.
- Maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Attending to breakdowns and emergencies as required.
- Work orders, checklists and inspections are up to date and accurate.
- Assessment of employee competency as required.
- Ensuring conformity to legal requirements and Safety, Health, Environment and Quality standards
- Report any contraventions of the Mining (Management and Safety) Regulations, codes of practice, instructions, permissions, exemptions etc
- Certified Competent as Electrician Class 1 Trade Test
- Apprenticeship trained plus 5 ‘O’ Levels including Maths, English and Science
- National Certificate or Diploma in Electrical Power Engineering
- Medium Voltage Certificate
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the mining/processing industry
- Solid understanding and technical knowledge of Processing/Concentrator Plant equipment e.g conveyors, pumps, compressors, cranes, mill motors and ability to do trouble shooting on automated equipment
- Knowledge and solid understanding in variable speed drives
- Must be prepared to work overtime and do standby duties when required
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills in English
- You will be required to obtain a Certificate of fitness
- Class 4 Driver’s License will be an added advantage
- Concentrator plant experience will be a distinct advantage,
- Must be able to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Be a team player to assist troubleshooting in highly automated equipment.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American- Global Shared Services, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form HERE. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Related Jobs (31)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021