- Post Date:March 23, 2022
- Views 542
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Construction
Reports to : Airports Development Manager
Location: Head Office
Duties & Responsibilities
- Defining electrical requirements and improvements!
- Ensure that safety standards are kept, recommending any necessary improvements or maintenance
- Supervises and leads installation of electrical services and equipment such as: power supply systems, lighting systems, fire protection, security and data-network systems
- Oversees all maintenance and improvement works on the listed facilities.
- Keeps records of repair, replacement and alterations to the airport services and equipment
- Develops, updates and implements a maintenance programme of all electrical and mechanical facilities including airfields lights, 11 K.V reticulation, standby diesel generators, pump stations, baggage equipment, lifts, escalators, X-Rays, passenger loading bridges and air conditioning.
- Prepares specifications for electrical and mechanical equipment to be installed at Airports
- Assists in evaluation of tenders.
- Controls the maintenance budget for the electrical/mechanical section.
- Controls material stock for the electrical / mechanical section.
Qualifications & skills
- A Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Corporate member of the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers
- At least 2 years in the design, installation and maintenance of electrical facilities preferable airfield lights, power supply, standby diesel generators, water pumps, air conditioning, P.A. systems and X-Rays equipment.
- Experience in the supervision of electrical works
- Previous experience of working in an Airport environment is a distinct advantage
Other requirements / competencies
- Must be a team player with lots of initiative and innovation.
- Ability to work on projects and provide identification and explanation on possible risks that may be involved.
- Task oriented, with excellent interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills. i
- Ability to interact as an effective team member.
- Knowledge of relevant ICAO SARPs is an added advantage.
- Budgeting and cost management.
- Project management.
- High work ethics.
Interested candidates should submit application letters, copies of updated Curriculum Vitaes and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to:
The Acting Human Resources Manager
Airports Company of Zimbabwe (Private) Limited
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Or email to: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25 March 2022.