Education in Emergencies Coordinator (Harare)
- Post Date:May 6, 2021
- Views 555
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs.
World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Please be advised that the position is contingent upon contract award and client approval.
Title: Education in Emergencies (EiE) Coordinator
Purpose of the Position
World Vision seeks qualified Education in Emergencies Coordinator for an anticipated Education in Emergencies (EiE) and DRR action in Zimbabwe, to be funded by ECHO. World Vision and its partners (consortium) will support the strengthening of disaster preparedness, early response and access to inclusive education in protective environments in five disaster-prone districts of Zimbabwe. Working under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, provide technical support on EiE to consortium partners and field staff and ensure action deliverables are attained as per the proposal. Network and nurture relationships with EiE stakeholders and ensure that the consortium receive the support required to achieve set objectives. The Education Coordinator will be responsible for direct implementation of EiE activities in one district.
- Guide field staff and the consortium partners to ensure EiE interventions are implemented in ways responsive to children, communities and other EiE partners in line with the donor and World Vision principles and values.
- In collaboration with AM&E Coordinator and other internal stakeholders, guide the placement/sequencing of EiE interventions into the management tools, such as the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs), Indicator Tracking Table (ITT), procurement plans and distribution schedules of action inputs.
- Ensure Field Officers have work plans with split budgets in place and follow up with team members regularly to ensure that activities are on track.
- Monitor EiE interventions progress against both programmatic and budgetary targets, and collaborate with the Project Team Leader to adjust action design as necessary.
- Coordinate the development of timely and high quality EiE interventions updates and reports in compliance with World Vision and donor requirements.
- Support resource mobilisation to strengthen the impact of the action;
- Support the development of the data collection tools and other M&E tools.
- Support the Field Officers and the AM&E Coordinator to collect appropriate, timely and accurate data against agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting.
- Participate in Education Cluster meetings and feedback to the internal stakeholders and consortium to improve the impact of the action.
- Implement EiE activities in one district.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Education or any relevant. A Masters in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years hand – on experience in Project Management (planning, leading, co-ordination, controlling and organizing) of which 2 years should be at managerial level.
- Knowledge of Disaster Management and Disaster Risk Reduction are key requirements.
- A full understanding of the national Disaster Management structures is mandatory.
- Good understanding of the Humanitarian standards (e.g., Sphere, INEE Minimum Standards for Education, HAP, IASC guidelines).
- Training and workshop organizational skills.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Ability to supervise and mentor subordinates.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and under severe pressure.
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence.
- Typical 60 % in office and 40% in the field.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 7 May 2021
Related Jobs (33)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract